GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
He had a neutral vibe at the end but you could read the undertones lol. Eh no matter. I'm happy this is finally available to the trucks.

Like we thought it would be available in the coming weeks once 2023 models start.
they they still have some 2022 Edition 1s to make, unless starting in late July we will see 2023 Edition 1s too.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
good to hear.... Any word on your truck coming in yet?
Nothing yet. As I said before, my dealer said he was told 7/3 but thought it would be sooner. He also said the first Hummer is got took 11 days after built email and the second on took 24 days. I am sitting at 21 days now. I suspect GM is prioritizing Spring deliveries before the end of the month.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Nothing yet. As I said before, my dealer said he was told 7/3 but thought it would be sooner. He also said the first Hummer is got took 11 days after built email and the second on took 24 days. I am sitting at 21 days now. I suspect GM is prioritizing Spring deliveries before the end of the month.
Interestingly it seems GM might be prioritizing dealers with 3 ED1 sales, most dealers getting deliveries now mine included, got 3 trucks (a full load). My other thought is they might be prioritizing ZEV states? Could be either of these, but also possible GM has no idea WTF they are doing, and is just shipping trucks wherever, but I doubt that.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Could be either of these, but also possible GM has no idea WTF they are doing, and is just shipping trucks wherever, but I doubt that.
LOL

I’m betting they are trying to pack the three on a truck. Again in my situation I got mine at the same time as Kew who was almost a month ahead of me process wise (verify, charger, built) and god knows how far back number three was, when I talked to the manager in March hetold me about the timing basically I was 3 minutes behind Kew, he didn’t even mention someone behind me.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
LOL

I’m betting they are trying to pack the three on a truck. Again in my situation I got mine at the same time as Kew who was almost a month ahead of me process wise (verify, charger, built) and god knows how far back number three was, when I talked to the manager in March hetold me about the timing basically I was 3 minutes behind Kew, he didn’t even mention someone behind me.
I think you are right, dealers with 3 or more orders getting priority, but not for sure.

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
817 Posts
I think you are right, dealers with 3 or more orders getting priority, but not for sure.
My dealer had told me they delivered two to customers already and they just got the third one in, to be delivered next week. They have 2 more ED1s to go. There are several GMC dealers in the Phoenix area, so maybe the load of 3 got spread across a few dealers. I know one other GMC dealer in the area that has a DC fast charger installed, in addition to my dealership.

·
Registered
152 Posts
It is just so crazy that no one including the dealers can get an accurate answer to what is going on with these deliveries.
I don't understand why it has to be such a chaotic mess!

Everything is a guess and nothing is consistent!

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
1,096 Posts
It is just so crazy that no one including the dealers can get an accurate answer to what is going on with these deliveries.
I don't understand why it has to be such a chaotic mess!

Everything is a guess and nothing is consistent!
The supply chain has never had to inform the customer or dealer of the exact state of things from end-to-end.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I'm with the biggest GMC dealer in Austin, but prob still not as many as other cities... and not a peep, but I'm a Fall delivery estimate. At this point, assuming that there will be no more until now August at earliest when factory reopens, unless they prebuilt a whole bunch that have some final touches to go is all not in factory.

I'm ok with that I guess and hoping for delivery by September I guess which would still be early for a Fall which they keep saying is Oct-Dec.

Def curious to if we are going to get a 2023 model now, and while don't expect any changes - perhaps a few production improvements or so?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts