GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now... million dollar question is does it screw up the reliability you have had with Exit/Entry lowering when shifting into park or manually selecting it. Maybe I should go see if there is an update to my existing Extract config.
I do not have the entry lowering feature turned on, I am used to driving an HD pickup, the Hummer already seems low to me in normal mode.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I do not have the entry lowering feature turned on, I am used to driving an HD pickup, the Hummer already seems low to me in normal mode.
I dont mind it in Normal either.. but neither the wife or kids are 6'3" so they definitely appreciated it lowering and complain about it now for the last 2 months since I had the new sensors installed and software update which effectively broke that feature. I'd say 1 in 10 times parking / manually changing it, will it lower the truck now.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont mind it in Normal either.. but neither the wife or kids are 6'3" so they definitely appreciated it lowering and complain about it now for the last 2 months since I had the new sensors installed and software update which effectively broke that feature. I'd say 1 in 10 times parking / manually changing it, will it lower the truck now.
I see... Ya, my wife is 5'3" but has not complained about getting in and out, my past truck was taller so she likely thinks this is better. I guess if you are used to it, you feel different, we did not try the auto lower, so not missing anything.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I missed the list of improvements when I updated yesterday also. I haven’t noticed anything outside of extract mode while driving around.

Here is a picture of my 5’2” wife walking behind the truck with her arm above her head while the truck is in extract mode. She said she the kids have to do that while walking around the bus.
Motor vehicle Plant Vehicle Automotive design Car

·
Registered
51 Posts
So do these OTA updates happen automatically or can you do it manually? When I select check for updates it says up to date, but still no extract mode which I would like to use.

I received the email and followed the settings, update via wifi is turned off and OTA is turned on (for 3-4 weeks already)

What is the update firmware number for extract mode?

The two updates I have are:
GM N22-237179-2
GM N22-237179-1

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
898 Posts
So do these OTA updates happen automatically or can you do it manually? When I select check for updates it says up to date, but still no extract mode which I would like to use.

I received the email and followed the settings, update via wifi is turned off and OTA is turned on (for 3-4 weeks already)

GM N22-237179-2
GM N22-237179-1
You can't force an update, they have to roll it out for the truck. Checking for an update only verifies what they have rolled out to your VIN so far.

·
Registered
2019, Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,260 Posts

GM N22-237179-2
GM N22-237179-1
Just like Phone updates they aren't released to everyone all at once. They are on a staggered rollout and will be released to everyone over time.

·
Registered
443 Posts

GM N22-237179-2
GM N22-237179-1
I got extract mode yesterday. Here are all of my updates as of today.

Font Rectangle Display device Technology Electronic device

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just updated mine. I already had extract mode. However, after doing the update it now says "SERVICE ESC" This was not on before this update and I have yet to have any issues with my truck.

Has this happened to anyone?

Is it ok to drive with this warning?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts