GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, joining here again finally. Had Edition 1 reservation and here on March 28th, just now getting call from dealership to review the order and place it today.

Anyone else with an Edition 1 order just now confirming, etc? They said my build would be slated for a Fall build/delivery, which I wasn't sure if they would still be building Edition 1s at that point but seems so.

Gotta catch up on the forum, but appreciate any response/input to the timing, what ya'll are seeing, etc. Going to confirm the order and take the build though - truck looks awesome and will be so much more useful where we live right now than our current Tesla (cough).

-T

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Yeah, I just confirmed the order with the dealer. We are doing it as is from factory, Edition 1, but they wanted to add a couple minor ceramic coating products which was cool with, 2K worth items/packages.

Our dealer stated there are only about 1200 logically slated for the year right now, and that they (being a big dealer in area) are only delivering at most about 1 per month or so. I'm slated to be their first fall delivery - likely September, unless someone cancels and moves forward a bit.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Thanks! Yeah, I just confirmed the order with the dealer. We are doing it as is from factory, Edition 1, but they wanted to add a couple minor ceramic coating products which was cool with, 2K worth items/packages.

Our dealer stated there are only about 1200 logically slated for the year right now, and that they (being a big dealer in area) are only delivering at most about 1 per month or so. I'm slated to be their first fall delivery - likely September, unless someone cancels and moves forward a bit.
GM announced they would be ramping up production and building 21,000 Hummers this year. Not sure where he is getting the 1200 number from. Doubt they'll start building the 3X without completing all the ED1 orders first. Hopefully that means you'll get yours sooner than anticipated though.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ummers this year. Not sure where he is getting the 1200 number from. Doubt t
True, and thanks. 21,000 is much more reasonable but still not that many in the scheme of things. Figure there are massive constraints on battery production/materials, chips, and more for this thing.

·
Registered
532 Posts
True, and thanks. 21,000 is much more reasonable but still not that many in the scheme of things. Figure there are massive constraints on battery production/materials, chips, and more for this thing.
True, but the Hummer isn’t a vehicle for the masses. It’s targeting a smaller demographic than vehicles like the Lightning or Silverado.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.