GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Chevy Bolt EV , Audi RS E-Tron GT
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Smoothest SUV I've ever driven. Better than that EQS sedan.

A true 7 seater EV, over 300 miles of range
Hyperscreen is delicious,turning radius sublime with the best rear steering of any car.

It has the perfect amount of power to keep it comfortable.

It had the Fake leather because the real leather is sources from Russia.

Dealer wanted $10k over which is not bad. I could get it for MSRP with $7500 Federal credit.

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Speedometer Motor vehicle

Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

Car Vehicle Speedometer Motor vehicle Steering part

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Window Automotive design

On another note, they had 3 Lucid trade Ins that were just sitting.
IMO I don't see a bright future for Lucid even though I was a reservation holder and I want them to succeed.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just don't really like how they have those screens setup...
What is that?

I have been in multiple focus groups about the EQS, the Hyperscreen and the upcoming AMG EV.
I like a mix of physical buttons and touch screen. I think they went overboard with the hyperscreen, but boy does it look cool. When a passenger gets in the car they're just in awe of the screen

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
What is that?

I have been in multiple focus groups about the EQS, the Hyperscreen and the upcoming AMG EV.
I like a mix of physical buttons and touch screen. I think they went overboard with the hyperscreen, but boy does it look cool. When a passenger gets in the car they're just in awe of the screen
Car and driver rates EQS SUV 5th place of the current EV's Lyriq 4th place

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,563 Posts
What is that?

Three gigantic screen warts, they look silly with those gigantic gaps between them. Also that UI reminds me of Windows Vista.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Car and driver rates EQS SUV 5th place of the current EV's Lyriq 4th place
I would get a Lyriq, not the EQS SUV. There is no benefit in paying $138k for an SUV that is probably close to a $68k Lyriq.

Three gigantic screen warts, they look silly with those gigantic gaps between them. Also that UI reminds me of Windows Vista.
I agree with you on that. I don't like all the extra whizbang pops and graphics they put in the instrument cluster either.
I can't pay attention to the road and the details of the the video game graphics on the screen.

One thing that really bothers me is the break line of the AC vents. I understand the purpose of them (side impact crash) it ruins the screen for me

Font Bicycle part Electric blue Shear Automotive design

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
I like Mercedes Hyperscreen setup more than Celestiq solution, just in design esthetics, functionality is still an unknown. I am not big on the new Cadillac dash, Lyriq, and Celestiq both seem like they could be designed better. Any EV should have a screen where movies can be watched by pax while charging, this is something Tesla got right on their center screen, it is great to share content in the car while charging, which on a road trip is every couple hours.

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,563 Posts
I like Mercedes Hyperscreen setup more than Celestiq solution, just in design esthetics, functionality is still an unknown. I am not big on the new Cadillac dash, Lyriq, and Celestiq both seem like they could be designed better. Any EV should have a screen where movies can be watched by pax while charging, this is something Tesla got right on their center screen, it is great to share content in the car while charging, which on a road trip is every couple hours.
You can watch movies on the Lyriq, it's a large enough screen for 16:9.
I just don't like these gigantic screens that like to be mobile iPads in the Tesla's nor these things that just look like after thought editions in the EQS.

I prefer the Horizontal screens at or near eye level where you don't have to look down too.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
You can watch movies on the Lyriq, it's a large enough screen for 16:9.
I just don't like these gigantic screens that like to be mobile iPads in the Tesla's nor these things that just look like after thought editions in the EQS.

I prefer the Horizontal screens at or near eye level where you don't have to look down too.
Not oriented well, and screen not shaped right, its a bad design IMO, I don't like the Lucid either, much prefer Blazer- Equinox, Silverado E dash design.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts