GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does hummer comes with free charging at electrify america?

I know most if not all EV comes with some level of free charging at electrify america

My porsche taycan came with 30mins free for 3 years.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,036 Posts
wow that really sucks. i rather pay for the $400 box and know i can stop at any time to get a charge. they really dropped the ball on this one.
Thats a sucky reply, for 3 reasons, first 85% of EV's sold in the USA come with ZERO free charging, second the Wallbox GM is giving away retails for $989 good luck finding one for $400, and third, people typically do 95% of their charging at home, so paying for the other 5% is going to take a while to spend the $989. 48A Level 2 EVSE HCS-60 Hardwired | ClipperCreek
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats a sucky reply, for 3 reasons, first 85% of EV's sold in the USA come with ZERO free charging, second the Wallbox GM is giving away retails for $989 good luck finding one for $400, and third, people typically do 95% of their charging at home, so paying for the other 5% is going to take a while to spend the $989. 48A Level 2 EVSE HCS-60 Hardwired | ClipperCreek
you need to get your facts correct as they all wrong

yes i have wall charger waiting to get it installed they coming monday but for now i need to charge at station which takes forever unless you can find a 350 station

here is level 2 48amp home charger you can use any brand for $449

any high end car comes with free charging we not talking about a 35K car this is a $115K which should come with it just like porsche taycan does

here is a whole list of cars comes with free charging

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,036 Posts
you need to get your facts correct as they all wrong

yes i have wall charger waiting to get it installed they coming monday but for now i need to charge at station which takes forever unless you can find a 350 station

here is level 2 48amp home charger you can use any brand for $449

any high end car comes with free charging we not talking about a 35K car this is a $115K which should come with it just like porsche taycan does

here is a whole list of cars comes with free charging

HAHA, Thats not the same charger GM offers, and is 12% more expensive then your comment

Read through those cars with free charging, many are 250 kW Value $125, come on man, buying a $120K truck and you don't have $125 to charge it?

GM did not offer free charging on the Hummer, no biggie to most of us. I hate companies offering free charging on EV's as that just plugs the chargers up with local free loaders when someone on a trip that really needs the charger has to wait. This is the reason Tesla stopped offering free charging, and raised their prices higher than anyone else.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so sorry big 450 vs 400 and does not matter they all work same if amp and volt is same and level 2 can use any brand you want

audi, porsche, benz, bmw, lucid, rivian all have free charging i would say they all high end brands same price point as hummer. has to be a reason they offer it right?


HAHA, Thats not the same charger GM offers, and is 12% more expensive then your comment

Read through those cars with free charging, many are 250 kW Value $125, come on man, buying a $120K truck and you don't have $125 to charge it?

GM did not offer free charging on the Hummer, no biggie to most of us. I hate companies offering free charging on EV's as that just plugs the chargers up with local free loaders when someone on a trip that really needs the charger has to wait. This is the reason Tesla stopped offering free charging, and raised their prices higher than anyone else.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,036 Posts
so sorry big 450 vs 400 and does not matter they all work same if amp and volt is same and level 2 can use any brand you want

audi, porsche, benz, bmw, lucid, rivian all have free charging i would say they all high end brands same price point as hummer. has to be a reason they offer it right?
Geez, like a crying baby... I don't get anything more free... WAAAAAAAAAAA, WAAAAAAAA, WAAAAAAA. I am going to have to pay to charge my car out of my own pocket.... WAAAAAAAAA, WAAAAAAAAA, WAAAAAAAA

BTW, Rivian Charging not free on EA and you forgot Cadillac, they offer free charging on EV GO, or a wall box on LYRIQ.

Clearly GM not having trouble selling Hummers with no free charging, and clearly by the secondary market the vehicle has value and is in demand without it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,036 Posts
The $900 charger was a nice surprise for sure. Worth way more than some free charging. Didn’t need ours so sold it on eBay for $800 hehehe.
Ya, complaining about free stuff rubs me the wrong way, and most people do not realize, unless you want to camp at chargers to get free power, most people spend very little over a year at DC chargers. On our E-Tron we have not even used up the 1000 kWh that came with the car, 3 years ago. but I only DC charge on a road trips, and usually we charge at hotels at night. All my free Tesla charging from referrals expired.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ya, complaining about free stuff rubs me the wrong way, and most people do not realize, unless you want to camp at chargers to get free power, most people spend very little over a year at DC chargers. On our E-Tron we have not even used up the 1000 kWh that came with the car, 3 years ago. but I only DC charge on a road trips, and usually we charge at hotels at night. All my free Tesla charging from referrals expired.
sorry you got rubbed wrong way and so sensitive
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top