GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
The GMC Hummer EV as a three-row SUV looks great but with the Escalade and Suburban taking care of that segment for GM, I think a HUMMER EV SUV is better off as something cooler, different and not as mundane. Ideally, it should be an evolution of the Land Cruiser/Wagoneer/Range Rover segment.
Totally agree. I definitely think that the Hummer range needs to be more focused at going after more upscale off-roaders, not large family haulers. Direct competition on the SUV side of things would be the Defender, Land Cruiser, R1S, etc. And if you want a less direct but more fun American comparison, you can test it against the Wrangler and Bronco. I think 2 rows is plenty, save the back for gear, maybe an on-board air compressor, etc. Go the Defender route, give it a bunch of cool off-road options. Make it look dedicated to that. Capitalize on that theme and the Hummer name.

On the truck side of the equation, it'll go up against the Cybertruck, Gladiator, and R1T. And in "supertruck" comparisons, throw it up against the near-ready Ram Rebel TRX with the Hellcat and revised 2021 Ford Raptor. Needs to be brawny and capable all-around!

·
Registered
127 Posts
The GMC Hummer EV as a three-row SUV looks great but with the Escalade and Suburban taking care of that segment for GM, I think a HUMMER EV SUV is better off as something cooler, different and not as mundane. Ideally, it should be an evolution of the Land Cruiser/Wagoneer/Range Rover segment.
I think that's the angle they're going for. It's likely GM's response to the Rivian R1S.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Found a couple more. The first is someone's alteration to InsideEV's render, but more square (based off HX concept):

the next one looks more like an HX too:

here's a lightened picture of the actual front that I found too:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thanks @StillHummer ! Was this one ever thrown in? It was a spy shot back in Feb
You bet, man! Great to have another contributing member here, with the profile pick to back up your credibility ;) And I do remember this picture, it may have been posted here, or I may have seen it somewhere else...I can't remember lol. Though I will say this, those were prototypes of the Hummer HX concept that were used in a movie (maybe a Fast anf Furious, I think?), and were then stored in the GM Renaissance Center basement for YEARS. For whatever reason, GM brought them out of hiding right around when the Hummer EV was confirmed in January.

Maybe they'll have something to do with the reveal? Maybe they had some design influence on the actual Hummer EV? Time will tell!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts