GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the news that Hummer is coming back as an electric vehicle, there's a bunch of renderings out there about what it could look like.

Out of these photos I like the third one the most because it looks like a proper pickup truck. The last photo looks too much like a FJ Cruiser for my liking.

Electric Hummer Rendering

·
Registered
155 Posts
InsideEVs made their own rendering based those new commercials. It's really cool that they did this but I find it odd that the front tires are so exposed in the front.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let's add another one to the list shall we? This one is from Car and Driver and it is easily my favorite one that's come out so far.

Electric Hummer Pickup Rendering

·
Registered
52 Posts
Of all Hummer EV renderings that have come out so far, that one is my favorite! It's essentially an evolution of the Sierra with design from official teasers worked in. Love it!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Of all Hummer EV renderings that have come out so far, that one is my favorite! It's essentially an evolution of the Sierra with design from official teasers worked in. Love it!
I love how they modernized the old H2/H3 wheels here, overall it's a great design.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Can't agree more, I love that it doesn't look like the current generation of GM pickups.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We have a new contender for best electric Hummer rendering! The lights on the roof are a really nice touch!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Found another rendering from Motor Trend, this is the first rendering that I've seen where they took the time to design the back end.

GMC Electric Hummer Rendering
GMC Electric Hummer Rendering

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Please GM, make THIS happen.

I'm already imagining it outfitted with a bunch of off-road aftermarket parts, especially a lift kit w/ beadlock wheels
I know I've said this before lol, but I think this is now the best Hummer rendering to come out. ?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I don't have an actual rendering to post (all the ones here were all I've seen online), but I do have some info collected the last day or so from sources who saw both the SUV and SUT:

1.) Everyone who saw the trucks said they were unmistakably Hummers. Not specific info here, but VERY reassuring. They look much more like the H2 and H3 than the original, obviously - most say they most closely resemble the H3.

2.) The most notable thing about the design was the huge, squared-off fender flares. Those flares are filled with standard 35 inch tires (allegedly), with 37's optional on the 1,000 hp variants.

3.) Suspension is fully independent, with available air ride on higher trims.

4.) Stylistically, both the SUV and SUT are identical from the back of the rear doors forward. The truck rides on a longer wheelbase to accommodate the 5 foot bed.

5.) Interestingly, both feature sloping design elements towards the back end. The SUT has "sails" from the roof down to the bed (think Chevy Avalanche), while the SUV has a sharp angle downwards from the roof to the taillights.

6.) Both feature targa top removable roofs, which come off in four pieces and are easily stored in the frunk. For both variants, the targa open-air function covers both the front and rear passengers fully.

7.) Several people said the SUT had GMC's terrific MultiPro tailgate.

8.) There are massive tow hooks on both ends of both variants.

·
Registered
167 Posts
This obviously isn't the best or most detailed render ever, but with multiple auto news sources saying the new Hummers look a lot like the H3, maybe this is the closest render so far.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Here's a new rendering for the new Hummer SUV. They used a Yukon as the base chassis. I like the Yukon but I don't really think its body style suits the Hummer. Anyone else agree/disagree?

GMC Hummer EV Rendering

GMC Hummer EV Rendering
GMC Hummer EV Rendering

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
GM Authority shared a bunch of new renderings for the Hummer pickup. But it still looks like a Sierra with a Hummer front end. At least they showed it in different colours.

Yellow GMC Hummer EV Rendering
Beige GMC Hummer EV Rendering
Blue GMC Hummer EV Rendering
Grey GMC Hummer EV Rendering
Green GMC Hummer EV Rendering
Red GMC Hummer EV Rendering
White GMC Hummer EV Rendering

·
Registered
52 Posts
Here's a new rendering for the new Hummer SUV. They used a Yukon as the base chassis. I like the Yukon but I don't really think its body style suits the Hummer. Anyone else agree/disagree?

View attachment 58
View attachment 59 View attachment 60
The GMC Hummer EV as a three-row SUV looks great but with the Escalade and Suburban taking care of that segment for GM, I think a HUMMER EV SUV is better off as something cooler, different and not as mundane. Ideally, it should be an evolution of the Land Cruiser/Wagoneer/Range Rover segment.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts