GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got in my truck to drive to the airport this morning and noticed an error in the bottom left of the screen (car symbol with exclamation mark). I also got a notification from OnStar about the error and to schedule service.

I still drove to the airport, no issues… curious is anyone’s seen this error before?
I’ll take it in for service when I get back.
Font Darkness Terrestrial plant Event Screenshot

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Gadget Font

· Registered
4,024 Posts
Got in my truck to drive to the airport this morning and noticed an error in the bottom left of the screen (car symbol with exclamation mark). I also got a notification from OnStar about the error and to schedule service.

I still drove to the airport, no issues… curious is anyone’s seen this error before?
I’ll take it in for service when I get back.
View attachment 2366
View attachment 2367
Uh Oh, that is not good.

· Registered
22 Posts
Happened to me and the vehicle completely froze up. Had to get it towed to the dealership where it’s been for the past three weeks. They had to order a new drive unit, but to install it is a pretty big job apparently. Might get it back next week, but no guarantee they will have it installed by then. Also a little concerned that such a big job is being handled by a shop that hasn’t sold very many of these vehicles.

· Super Moderator
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,699 Posts
Happened to me and the vehicle completely froze up. Had to get it towed to the dealership where it’s been for the past three weeks. They had to order a new drive unit, but to install it is a pretty big job apparently. Might get it back next week, but no guarantee they will have it installed by then. Also a little concerned that such a big job is being handled by a shop that hasn’t sold very many of these vehicles.
A Job like this has GM Engineers breathing down their necks.

· Registered
22 Posts
Quick update on this. The service department installed the new drive unit module but it did not fix the problem. They can’t seem to figure out what is causing the vehicle to malfunction. It’s been at the dealership since January 5th and I’m starting to really consider what my options are here. I love the truck and would be happy with just getting it fixed, but I’m not sure how much longer I should be expected to wait. My patience has just about run out.

· Registered
22 Posts
A GM engineer is apparently heading out today to take a look at it. Per GM’s advise, they added a new drive unit model and replaced the pump. Now they’re saying the error codes are consistent with a malfunction within the front-end suspension system. Basically they just can’t figure it out. I hate to say it but this one might be a lemon and always a concern when you purchase a first-time vehicle like this. I think mine was the 50th made so one of the early builds.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts