GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner

Electric chevy sports sedan

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Tom E-Tron 
#1 ·
Autoblog is saying that Chevy will kill off the Camaro and replace it with an electric sports sedan.

I know Al Oppenheiser can’t talk about it, but I am sure he is disappointed one of his babies is going away. I had a Pontiac g8 which I thought was a great car - relatively inexpensive, roomy and fun to drive. I am sure this new electric sedan should be just as good with Al’s involvement in all EV development! Hope we can see it relatively soon. Also hope it has a cool retro vibe similar to what dodge seems to be doing.

#2 ·
Autoblog is saying that Chevy will kill off the Camaro and replace it with an electric sports sedan.

I know Al Oppenheiser can’t talk about it, but I am sure he is disappointed one of his babies is going away. I had a Pontiac g8 which I thought was a great car - relatively inexpensive, roomy and fun to drive. I am sure this new electric sedan should be just as good with Al’s involvement in all EV development! Hope we can see it relatively soon. Also hope it has a cool retro vibe similar to what dodge seems to be doing.
I also had a G8 years ago, was a fun car, perfect for donuts... Camaro sales are really tanking, I am not sure what GM needs to do to revive it, redesign it, or move on?

Performance Sedan should be a Chevelle if they are going with retro names. I think GM would be far better off doing a legitimate Model Y competitor, one that hits on looks , range, charging and features. Mach E is doing well in the market but only 10% of Model Y... There is a lesson there...

#3 ·
I think a model y competitor is on the way as well. At least according to Motor Trend:

So I think they have that covered as well. I assume that will come before any sedan too, but not sure on any timing.

#4 ·
It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. Like I said, the Y is the most important segment after EV trucks and Large SUV's. Tesla model Y is still supply constrained, but clearly outselling all other EV crossovers combined in the USA, and I see it when I drop the kids off at school, yesterday there were 4 model Y (out of 25 cars) in the school parking lot dropping off kids at the same time as I was. I now spot Model Y more often on the road than Model 3, in the area I live. Companies need to pay attention to this car, and not forget, Tesla has in the pipeline to make it even better with new batteries and structural battery pack next year. Let it not be lost that Model Y starts at $55K right now, and is still selling all they can build, if you order now, November is the earliest you can expect one. This is likely the top selling crossover in the USA by revenue generated. I would tell GM brass, Ignore it at your peril... I was happy to hear last week that GM has a Model Y at Milford testing, as the data and driving impressions come in I am sure GM engineers are saying holy f---!!!! We have work to do...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.