GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I got my entire Hummer wrapped (clear), including the roof panels - the wrap has UV protective properties so that helps a little bit. I asked if the inside of the panels could be tinted, but they said the tint wouldn't stick to the panels since they are not glass (not sure I believe that). You could ask a tint shop if they can tint the inside of the roof panels.
I was told the same thing by a tent shop. I’m thinking about having the tops wrapped black. Or whatever color I have the whole truck wrapped in

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
How much does it cost to wrap that truck?
I think between 2 and 4 grand (many factors to consider). But, what color would you wrap yours?
I considered a copper, metallic color or what do you think of a metallic brown (with blaze orange pinstripes)? I LOVE the black hummer posted elsewhere on this site, however, I live in "Seagull Shitville". In fact, I'm the mayor of Seagull Shitville...

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think between 2 and 4 grand (many factors to consider). But, what color would you wrap yours?
I considered a copper, metallic color or what do you think of a metallic brown (with blaze orange pinstripes)? I LOVE the black hummer posted elsewhere on this site, however, I live in "Seagull Shitville". In fact, I'm the mayor of Seagull Shitville...
I was told by a buddy of mine that to do it right, it's a major job and will cost $8,000-$10,000!
They, will have to remove the doors, hood, and whatever else in order to get the wrap to fully cover and wrap around the edges.
I'm no expert but....:unsure:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Matte bronze, or dark silver possibly

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
I was told by a buddy of mine that to do it right, it's a major job and will cost $8,000-$10,000!
They, will have to remove the doors, hood, and whatever else in order to get the wrap to fully cover and wrap around the edges.
Yea, the templates are not out yet, so it is a custom job. They don't need to remove the doors or anything, but it just takes a lot of time. I got mine clear wrapped, then had them put ceramic coating on top. The job took about 2 weeks, and cost about $9K. I also got the red emblems.

·
Registered
202 Posts
The cost to wrap the hummer is really just based on the shop you go to. 2017 I wrapped my f-150 raptor satin grey one shop told me $8k including the door jams and such. Went to another very well known reputable shop they charged me $4k and did a very good job on it. But I’m not a expert on wraps i only had 2 vehicles done

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Holy smokes! I guess it is a pretty big vehicle and if you want it done right (with premium materials) I suppose that's not out of the question. Wonder how well it holds up for that price (I have no experience with wraps).

·
Registered
160 Posts
First Impressions ~ Well finally today I had my first experience in the EV1 spending only an hour with it. Overall ~ WOW definitely revolutionary, and just awesome! Unfortunately it wasn't mine, and still waiting for my spring delivery.

Here are just a few minor things I didnt care for:

1) the plastic floor mats sliding around everywhere?? at price point, GMC could have done better!
2) Kicker Tailgate speakers ~ sound just ok , kinda blah not worth the added price.
3) On the tailgate above kicker radio ugly crooked long hard tape like gasket (see pic) maybe to divert water???

Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
101 Posts
Question for hummer owners…past and present…lol
How fast is it when not in WTF mode?
I mean when pulling away from the curb and needing to get up to traffic speed, or getting on the Highway from a stop?
What is the 0-60 time while not in WTF?
That’s what I’m really asking!!!

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
In case you didn’t know, volume up/down buttons are on the back of the steering wheel on the right hand side… def didn’t realize they were there and couldn’t believe there was no audio controls on the steering wheel. And on the left side is channel/station up/down

·
Registered
26 Posts
How fast is it when not in WTF mode?
I mean when pulling away from the curb and needing to get up to traffic speed, or getting on the Highway from a stop?
What is the 0-60 time while not in WTF?
It's very fast, even when not in WTF mode. It still pushes you back in your seat and you feel significant weight transfer. I always leave every car at the light (they're usually staring at the truck). It doesn't have a 0-60 timer like the C8 does, but I'm guessing <5 second 0-60 times (compared to 3 seconds in WTF). It's a rush either way, but WTF of over-the-top with the sound effects, vibrating seat, lowering suspension, guages and quickness.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Question for the few owners out there. Is digital key implemented already and you've used / using it? I.e. your phone as a key to drive/passively lock-unlock, etc? (like a Tesla).

OR, is it coming in a software update, or future year model - as its in the current manual but as "if equipped" for now.

Sure hope they implement it - makes life easy for sure.

Font Document Number

·
Registered
9 Posts
Question for the few owners out there. Is digital key implemented already and you've used / using it? I.e. your phone as a key to drive/passively lock-unlock, etc? (like a Tesla).

OR, is it coming in a software update, or future year model - as its in the current manual but as "if equipped" for now.

Sure hope they implement it - makes life easy for sure.

View attachment 2240
I don't believe it's available, yet, or I just haven't figured it out...:p

21 - 40 of 43 Posts