GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
707 Posts
AWD V8 hybrid...how could you not love it?

I'm much more excited for this car than the fully-electric Corvette coming later, if I'm being totally honest. Should be a screamer.

Reactions: MunneY

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
AWD V8 hybrid...how could you not love it?

I'm much more excited for this car than the fully-electric Corvette coming later, if I'm being totally honest. Should be a screamer.
Its LT2 in the back and E-Assist axle in the front, I call this the Z06 for Dr's... Easier to drive than the real Z06, but slower on the track.

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
579 Posts
Crackpot theory:
I think Biden's "slip" about the electric Corvette was intentional. GM wanted to advertise that they are going to have something ready before 2025. Probably needed to get Biden to put pressure on the EPA to approve the carbon nanotubes for gen2 Ultium that's going to be produced in the Delta plant in Lansing that is supposed to be in production by late 2024.

It certainly would explain why he was praising GM about being the leader in the EV space. To anyone not in-the-know, it seemed pretty confusing at the time. Gen2 being in production so soon certainly would be worthy of that praise.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Crackpot theory:
I think Biden's "slip" about the electric Corvette was intentional. GM wanted to advertise that they are going to have something ready before 2025. Probably needed to get Biden to put pressure on the EPA to approve the carbon nanotubes for gen2 Ultium that's going to be produced in the Delta plant in Lansing that is supposed to be in production by late 2024.

It certainly would explain why he was praising GM about being the leader in the EV space. To anyone not in-the-know, it seemed pretty confusing at the time. Gen2 being in production so soon certainly would be worthy of that praise.
possible theory, I wondered on the "leader" comment too... I thought Biden was referring to all the segments of EV's GM is adding, but Gen 2 could also be something, although I am bearish on miracle battery advancements in general. I think it's all hype, from Tesla's 4680 claims, to GM's lithium metal, I am in the believe it when I see it camp.

I think GM will be the USA EV leader in 2025, Tesla's USA sales have not been growing the last year +, Model 3, S and X actually shrinking. Only Model Y is growing, and I have little faith Tesla can build Cybertruck in high volumes.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I wonder how gm is going to handle allocations im hearing it may be like the hummer and Silverado online reservation system
GM has to come up with a better system for reservations,

• A site that does not crash
  • Reservation numbers that go in order
  • Disclosure of expected production/reservations For example, when you get your reservation number, should have expected production timeframe

Lyriq is about a month away from Launch, and I expect it's going to have huge interest, 1st test?

·
Registered
320 Posts
I was talking to a friend of mine who just got a C8 Vette to hold him over until he gets his Z06 C8 and he said that he had to put down $10,000 up front to get on the list for the Z06... That amount should separate the pretenders from the contenders... Meanwhile he is going to to have twin turbos added to the current one... He said that it's just slow compared to his C6 Z06 (which has had some serious motor work done to it)

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I was talking to a friend of mine who just got a C8 Vette to hold him over until he gets his Z06 C8 and he said that he had to put down $10,000 up front to get on the list for the Z06... That amount should separate the pretenders from the contenders... Meanwhile he is going to to have twin turbos added to the current one... He said that it's just slow compared to his C6 Z06 (which has had some serious motor work done to it)
Ya, there are a lot of people on the Z06 list, many big Corvette dealers have said they have 3-5X more on the list than they expect to receive in the entire production run.

Remember ZR1 will come out in 2024, that might be the one to get,

·
Registered
320 Posts
Ya, there are a lot of people on the Z06 list, many big Corvette dealers have said they have 3-5X more on the list than they expect to receive in the entire production run.

Remember ZR1 will come out in 2024, that might be the one to get,
They are nice looking and I am sure that they are a lot of fun to drive.... But I am really a truck guy... My store manager has a C8 also, and he has spent a bunch on cosmetic stuff (including the Lamborghini doors) but damn if I got down in that thing, I might not be able to get back up out of it.... (it's lowered too) at least the Hummer, I can just fall out...

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm going to order one of these if at all possible. I wanted a Z06, but didnt get a reservation in time. I'm working with the dealer I moved my hummer to try and make this happen.

I wish it had the FPC v8, but I'll live. I love the electric aspect of it, but still having a big v8 for when ya dont have a charger handy

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I'm going to order one of these if at all possible. I wanted a Z06, but didnt get a reservation in time. I'm working with the dealer I moved my hummer to try and make this happen.

I wish it had the FPC v8, but I'll live. I love the electric aspect of it, but still having a big v8 for when ya dont have a charger handy
The E-Ray is a hybrid, Corvette EV not coming till 2025.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts