GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching a HummerEV video review by Marques Brownlee this evening, and he mentioned how big the Hummer EV is many times in the review. I have to think this is because he is used to driving cars, and not trucks or large SUV's. I have always driven a full sized pickup as my daily, and the Hummer is smaller then any of them were in length and height (Normal Mode), but it is about 4" wider in wheel track.

I think Marques gets a lot right, but his truck experience is limited, and so the size surprised him, but I think he should drive an F150 Raptor, or Ram TRX for a week, and he may appreciate the HummerEV more for how small it is (especially in parking lots).

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
898 Posts
The HummerEV cannot park in compact spots, but I find it much easier to park than my previous pickups, and with the 4 wheel steer easy to get it in the parking spot nice and square.
If you're comparing it to an HD pickup, it's going to feel a lot smaller for sure. The turning radius for the 4 wheel steering makes a big difference, but you have to be more careful about the rear end pushing out into the car you are turning away from when pulling out next to something.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you're comparing it to an HD pickup, it's going to feel a lot smaller for sure. The turning radius for the 4 wheel steering makes a big difference, but you have to be more careful about the rear end pushing out into the car you are turning away from when pulling out next to something.
Even comparing Hummer to a standard crew cab, short bed half ton pickup, the Hummer is smaller, and easier to park (in a full width spot) I have been concerned about tail swing but it has never been a problem, 4 wheel steering is a game changer for pickups and large SUV's and any without it are just a compromised vehicle. In the future I think we will see a lot more "large"vehicles with 4 wheel steering.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1000% agree with this! While I can make it in to a standard parking spot between the lines you effectively have zero clearance on either side. I'm happy to see a lot of parking lots around us are repainting with a built in buffer between each parking spot like this pic (just an example)

View attachment 2998
The width of the Hummer EV door to door is the same as all the half ton full size trucks, the only part that is wide is the wheels and wheel flares.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im super excited to get mine ordered. I reserved a 2x in June, the rear wheel steering is what Im most looking forward to. I drive a lifted F250 now so I can't imagine it would be much different just WAY more nimble.
The Hummer is way smaller then an F250, and will turn much sharper even without 4 wheel steering activated.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts