GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short someone rear ended me about a month after taking delivery. Very minor damage to the Hummer (since it's basically a tank) but their vehicle might have been a total loss.

Now, I'm in a spot where I couldn't even sell the vehicle at full value if I wanted to and definitely couldn't sell it for a profit. The person's insurance company is asking for a report and actual valuation breakdown to even begin the discussion of diminished value. They are saying there isn't any diminished value since a Hummer that was a total loss still sold for $96k.

I have seen some services online that charge $350 for a report like this but wondering if there is a better way to get this valuation. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get an estimated value to claim diminished value for this vehicle? I really don't want to spend extra money trying to capture the diminished value for something that completely wasn't my fault but will if I have to. Any advice would be welcome.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey @bpdamas, you can try getting a vehicle appraisal service to get you a proper valuation. I think some of them can go for under $100 and might be worth going after. Was that something you already looked into?
I haven't looked into this. Would I get the appraisal with the assumption there was no accident and then get an appraisal with the accident on the record?

· Registered
04' HUMMER H2
252 Posts
I haven't looked into this. Would I get the appraisal with the assumption there was no accident and then get an appraisal with the accident on the record?
I have heard from classic car collectors that appraisals can vary and if you're okay with how much it will cost, I suggest getting a few, or at least make sure the the appraisal you get is fair. You might even be able to do this through an insurance company as if you were applying for a new policy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts