GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GM teased the HUMMER EV in a new video and in it we can get a clear birds eye view. Comparing this to the HUMMER H2 it sure looks like this new HUMMER will be similar in size and proportions. Where things change is out back with the bed/extended rear.

hummer-ev-roof.jpg

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thanks for bringing this image to the site, @AllTerrain. I saw this on FB a couple days back, but forgot to bring it up here. Glad you did so the forum could see it. There was actually a second picture with better resolution I found, too; I'll include that here.

Here's the 4 things I saw/concluded when looking at this:

1. If you look closely (especially when you turn over your screen and look at both from the front), you can clearly see the upright windshield on the Hummer EV that looks nearly identical to the H2. This is a VERY welcome sight.

2. The hood on the Hummer EV looks very chiseled. Unlike the H2, which was raised in the middle and stepped down on both sides, the Hummer EV has the opposite, with two large flares on the outside that drop off into a recess in the middle. You can see this pretty well in the original teaser image, and I think it looks muscular.

3. There's clearly going to be removable roof panels. This is no real surprise, as the select journalists who saw the Hummers in the flesh said this was coming (and that the panels store in the frunk). That's awesome, nice way to take the fight to Jeep. I wonder if they'll be solid roof panels, glass panels, or maybe both? I'd imagine the roof contains 4 panels that stack in the frunk, regardless of what material its made of.

4. This is the hardest to see, but if you look very closely, you can see the sloping of the c-pillar "sails" from the body of the truck to the bed. You can juuust make it out based on the narrowing of the pillar as you move back from the truck to bed. I'm interested to see exactly what it looks like from the side, as this will be a prominent design feature of the truck.

I guess we could also say 4(A), but this is only a guess. I think when the H2 and Hummer EV are fit to scale, the Hummer EV will be longer, but also more narrow. I doubt this image comparison is made to scale.

I'm still pretty bummed that it won't be revealed on May 20th, but I'm looking forward to the additional teaser videos that GM promised. I expect we're going to get a fair amount of new information through those teasers before GM officially reveals it (likely late summer or fall), because they desperately need to maintain the hype.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great observation on the "sailing" C-Pillar. It reminds me of how that same area of the Rivian R1T is designed.
I think its even more of an indication that we'll get a truly premium looking pickup and SUV that further builds on the teaser GM dropped

·
Registered
115 Posts
Great observation on the "sailing" C-Pillar. It reminds me of how that same area of the Rivian R1T is designed.
I think its even more of an indication that we'll get a truly premium looking pickup and SUV that further builds on the teaser GM dropped
I agree, AllTerrain. I know the biggest concern besides range for the new Hummers was styling - a lot of people were really wondering if GM would just take a "HUMMER-esque" face and slap it on a Sierra body with some batteries underneath. Thankfully, both the SUT and SUV look to be 100% Hummers.

One of the journalists who saw them in the flesh said something like, "You have to see them to believe them. When one of these drives by you, there's going to be zero confusion as to what it is." That's worth a huge amount in my book!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts