GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A salesperson from a Dowagiac, MI dealer posted up a Hummer on one of the Facebook pages a bit ago (overpriced at 190K). Interesting note is that he said it is their demo unit so they can't deliver it for 6 months, so it seems the showroom models are beginning to arrive. My dealer I have my 3X reservation through put my name on their demo Edition 1 so hopefully they will get theirs sooner than anticipated. He told me March ETA for arrival so September 2023 delivery. Hopefully thats also good news for all other ED1 reservations that theirs should actually be delivered soon, and also that 3X production could start soon!

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
1,091 Posts
A salesperson from a Dowagiac, MI dealer posted up a Hummer on one of the Facebook pages a bit ago (overpriced at 190K). Interesting note is that he said it is their demo unit so they can't deliver it for 6 months, so it seems the showroom models are beginning to arrive. My dealer I have my 3X reservation through put my name on their demo Edition 1 so hopefully they will get theirs sooner than anticipated. He told me March ETA for arrival so September 2023 delivery. Hopefully thats also good news for all other ED1 reservations that theirs should actually be delivered soon, and also that 3X production could start soon!
Can't sell it, but maybe I can demo it for 6 months first

·
Registered
142 Posts
Called my dealer based on seeing this information. They originally were quoted November for the two demo units they ordered. The latest info they have now indicates a build date in January and delivery in February for their two demo units.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That sounds about like what my dealer heard. They originally were told a build week of 8/29 then it got changed to late February. After a 6 month wait I probably wouldn’t be able to take delivery til next fall at the soonest, I may just take my 3X if I can get it sooner.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I may have spotted a demo unit tonight while driving by my dealership. It was parked near the street and appeared to have a window sticker on it. I did not have a chance to stop and take a closer look, but will tomorrow.
Or could be a reservation that the dealer tried to mark up $100k so the customer backed out. I hope you are right that it’s a demo unit, that would at least mean progress is being made and we are close to 3X being built

·
Registered
437 Posts
Or could be a reservation that the dealer tried to mark up $100k so the customer backed out. I hope you are right that it’s a demo unit, that would at least mean progress is being made and we are close to 3X being built
has to be a markup, i mean still decent amount of customer units pending it seems, 100s at least.

·
Registered
248 Posts
OK, I verified today, it is not a demo. It is a used truck owned by one of the salesmen at the dealership and he is trying to flip it for $195K.
Hate to tell him but the market won't support that now. The last actual sale on Cars&Bids was $167k, three weeks ago. The last one was bid to $159k, didn't sell. There's an active auction that ends in 2 hours, bid to $156k so far. I think everyone willing to pay $200k got theirs. We're basically down to $30k premiums over MSRP+taxes/fees/etc.

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
815 Posts
Hate to tell him but the market won't support that now. The last actual sale on Cars&Bids was $167k, three weeks ago. The last one was bid to $159k, didn't sell. There's an active auction that ends in 2 hours, bid to $156k so far. I think everyone willing to pay $200k got theirs.
There is a Kia dealership in Scottsdale had one listed for $238K and they have dropped it to $199K, still not sold. That dealership has two used Rivians listed for $108K and $114K.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hate to tell him but the market won't support that now. The last actual sale on Cars&Bids was $167k, three weeks ago. The last one was bid to $159k, didn't sell. There's an active auction that ends in 2 hours, bid to $156k so far. I think everyone willing to pay $200k got theirs. We're basically down to $30k premiums over MSRP+taxes/fees/etc.
Exactly, at this point it's time for some people to move on to the newest upcoming shiny thing and pay well over...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Demo Units...NO WAY!!!! Not when they just bumped me to Fall 2022! when I was Spring 2022!
Spoke with Hummer EV Concierge today and I went from End of June, to End of September and now they say Before the End Of December.
They said "GM Plans to get all the Edition 1's complete by the end of the year"...Plans, The best laid plans of Blah, Blah, Blah!!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Demo Units...NO WAY!!!! Not when they just bumped me to Fall 2022! when I was Spring 2022!
Spoke with Hummer EV Concierge today and I went from End of June, to End of September and now they say Before the End Of December.
They said "GM Plans to get all the Edition 1's complete by the end of the year"...Plans, The best laid plans of Blah, Blah, Blah!!!!
I was just told the same thing. My Spring turned to Summer and now Summer turned to Fall. She said now that I have a Fall reservation they should be on track to deliver by the end of December, and appreciated my patience. The same thing they said for end of June when it was Spring, and end of September when they bumped it to Summer. She claimed that it looks like it’s just waiting for transport but couldn’t be certain.

I did ask if my dealer location had anything to do with it and she told me that it shouldn’t but I could still switch dealers if I wanted too. I kind of doubt that I could switch at this point and who knows how much longer it could take by switching. I’m at 16 weeks since it’s been built and I guess I’ll just continue to wait. Very frustrating when you can’t get any actual updated information and the people that you are supposed to be able to talk to for info know the same amount as you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
I was just told the same thing. My Spring turned to Summer and now Summer turned to Fall. She said now that I have a Fall reservation they should be on track to deliver by the end of December, and appreciated my patience. The same thing they said for end of June when it was Spring, and end of September when they bumped it to Summer. She claimed that it looks like it’s just waiting for transport but couldn’t be certain.

I did ask if my dealer location had anything to do with it and she told me that it shouldn’t but I could still switch dealers if I wanted too. I kind of doubt that I could switch at this point and who knows how much longer it could take by switching. I’m at 16 weeks since it’s been built and I guess I’ll just continue to wait. Very frustrating when you can’t get any actual updated information and the people that you are supposed to be able to talk to for info know the same amount as you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have not even gotten a Build email yet and my dealer tells me GM told him the truck would be there Friday...This Friday!
It seems that you have to change to a dealer in Texas, California, Arizona, Colorado, Massachusetts or Connecticut if you want one sooner then later...lol!!!
My business is right next to the dealer, so I'm there looking every day hoping to see it arrive!!!

·
Registered
437 Posts
I have not even gotten a Build email yet and my dealer tells me GM told him the truck would be there Friday...This Friday!
It seems that you have to change to a dealer in Texas, California, Arizona, Colorado, Massachusetts or Connecticut if you want one sooner then later...lol!!!
My business is right next to the dealer, so I'm there looking every day hoping to see it arrive!!!
I feel for you guys. I'm not sure how my Fall (Oct-Dec) delivery turned up early, but I guess technically its a Summer if take it by Friday delivery, Saturday it's a Fall delivery. ;-) Honestly though, I haven't got to see the build date yet on door so I'm super curious - it's VIN 580 so want to see if it really is a build after factory reopened, or it was one of the lot sitters... just how out of order are they assigning those VINs, etc. Again, the other one they got at same time was VIN 171 even which is way low.

Hoping ya'll hear soon - I'm starting to get excited finally. Only thing that is slightly disappointing is that can't really add the hard tonneau cover easily as they installed the soft from factory, and it requires some bed holes/cuts that would have to get covered up first. That and will have to go back for the rear recovery hooks one day to get installed.

·
Registered
Waiting on my Spring 2022 Delivery ED1
266 Posts
If it makes you feel better, I’m in the Bay Area in CA, see 5 Rivians a day, and am still waiting on a Spring order, too.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts