GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just heard news today from my dealer that supposedly my hummer will not be produced and delivered until the dealership infrastructure upgrades are ready. Has anyone else ran into this issue? I purchased from one of the largest groups of dealerships in Minnesota too. What a shame, I verified my order a few months ago and have slotted summer delivery. Any chance I can switch dealers at this point even though I verified?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Just heard news today from my dealer that supposedly my hummer will not be produced and delivered until the dealership infrastructure upgrades are ready. Has anyone else ran into this issue? I purchased from one of the largest groups of dealerships in Minnesota too. What a shame, I verified my order a few months ago and have slotted summer delivery. Any chance I can switch dealers at this point even though I verified?
Darn, seems you can't swap dealers if the dealer placed your order. They best hurry up while Edition 1s are still being produced at least.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
I have heard a couple people on here get caught in an unprepared dealer loop. Thats a bummer.

·
Registered
Waiting on my Spring 2022 Delivery ED1
229 Posts
Concierge told me yesterday that even if not an EV certified dealer yet, the dealer would be able to sell the vehicle to customers (they just wouldn’t be able to service it). That said, I of course don’t know whether that is or is not true. I’m told they did have one delivery sold by my dealer but delivered via another dealer previously.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Concierge told me yesterday that even if not an EV certified dealer yet, the dealer would be able to sell the vehicle to customers (they just wouldn’t be able to service it). That said, I of course don’t know whether that is or is not true. I’m told they did have one delivery sold by my dealer but delivered via another dealer previously.
I doubt they'll sell a Hummer to a dealer that can't service one. I already transferred mine from my local dealer (who said they didn't have the chargers installed and had a couple other things to finish before they can sell their first) to a dealer an hour away that has delivered 4. It's not impossible that some of the trucks sitting in Flint are meant for dealers that haven't finished their obligations to sell them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I doubt they'll sell a Hummer to a dealer that can't service one. I already transferred mine from my local dealer (who said they didn't have the chargers installed and had a couple other things to finish before they can sell their first) to a dealer an hour away that has delivered 4. It's not impossible that some of the trucks sitting in Flint are meant for dealers that haven't finished their obligations to sell them.
according to my salemen she says gm won’t deliver until the dealership is up fit and ready. I have a case open with hummer concierge. They said since the order is already verified gm corporate needs to get involved to make the change. I can only hope. Really all I want to do is get an edition one even if it’s the end of the year. I hope mine doesn’t get canceled for good. The current dealer it is reserved at said they hope to be ready internally by snowfall.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have heard a couple people on here get caught in an unprepared dealer loop. Thats a bummer.
Do you know if they concluded anything or found a solution? Now my dealer is back tracking and said it’s not their fault it’s GM holding things up which makes no sense as the previous email they claimed that GM will not ship a hummer to them until the dealership is prepped. The dealer said only 4 have been delivered and not to switch my order haha try several hundred delivered.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Another update here, since verified I supposedly can’t relocate the reservation. They supposedly escalated my case and called me back less than 5 minutes later stating they can’t move it. Has anyone been able to move a verified reservation?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Never heard of a verified reservation with order being moved. Seems that yours could be a special case if allowed but yes, have never seen a move allowed after ordered.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Never heard of a verified reservation with order being moved. Seems that yours could be a special case if allowed but yes, have never seen a move allowed after ordered.
Okay least makes me think concierge is being honest. I’m not in a panic to get mine just, I can wait until it’s the last one produced if need be. Just hope my reservation doesn’t get canceled all together. I really want an edition 1.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts