GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's early but I wanted to understand the process of ordering the Hummer EV SUV 3x. The dealer I selected at reservation time, a year ago, told me that most likely there will be a markup over MSRP. He suggested that I call other dealerships if I didn't want to pay over MSRP. So I did and it looks like all of the GMC dealerships in my area will be adding markups. It seems to be the norm in these crazy times we live in. Supply and demand. Everything I read suggest this won't be going away anytime soon. Well into 2023. GM should have given the option to sell limited EVs directly from the factory online bypassing the dealerships. As long as the use of dealerships continue the harder it will be for legacy auto makers like GM and Ford to compete in the EV market with the new guys on the block (Tesla, Rivian, etc) I refuse to pay over MSRP, hell I always paid under MSRP. Unless something changes in the near future my days of owning a new Hummer EV are gone.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
I know it's early but I wanted to understand the process of ordering the Hummer EV SUV 3x. The dealer I selected at reservation time, a year ago, told me that most likely there will be a markup over MSRP. He suggested that I call other dealerships if I didn't want to pay over MSRP. So I did and it looks like all of the GMC dealerships in my area will be adding markups. It seems to be the norm in these crazy times we live in. Supply and demand. Everything I read suggest this won't be going away anytime soon. Well into 2023. GM should have given the option to sell limited EVs directly from the factory online bypassing the dealerships. As long as the use of dealerships continue the harder it will be for legacy auto makers like GM and Ford to compete in the EV market with the new guys on the block (Tesla, Rivian, etc) I refuse to pay over MSRP, hell I always paid under MSRP. Unless something changes in the near future my days of owning a new Hummer EV are gone.
Gm cannot legally bypass the dealers, so if you want to pay less you have to find a dealer that agrees not to charge over, and move your reservation.

In the area I live all dealers are MSRP on pre ordered vehicles.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Take a look at this post. If might be a good option and a small road trip.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Take a look at this post. If might be a good option and a small road trip.

Thank you

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I have switched my reservation to McElveen GMC in SC. I can only hope that they will not impose any Markups on my Hummer EV SUV 3X purchase. So far Ty White seems to be a fair salesman. Are there any other members from this forum purchasing EV Hummers from this dealership? It would be interesting to see if they live up to their promise.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Smart business deal. This is one dealership people will remember when all the dust settles.
When the time gets closer for me, I very well may switch mine to them... I am only 1 1/2 hours up the road from them... Or, I may use that with the dealer that I currently have and see if they want to sell the truck or just deal with servicing it and losing out on the sale to a dealer just down the road a bit...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts