GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

· Registered
282 Posts
So that was my initial thought, so I asked for a breakdown of the price so I could see.... (Also, I am from Oregon, so there are no sales tax or vehicle tax besides the registration fees)... this is the "price breakdown" they sent me:

View attachment 3329
BULL - SHIT !!! Do you have anything confirming that the sales price would be MSRP?? Emails , Verbal?? I would not pay it ! Some dealers suck, and unfortunate that they take advantage of people who have been waiting 2 years for their vehicle.

· Registered
4,024 Posts
BULL - SHIT !!! Do you have anything confirming that the sales price would be MSRP?? Emails , Verbal?? I would not pay it ! Some dealers suck, and unfortunate that they take advantage of people who have been waiting 2 years for their vehicle.
Let's set our emotion aside, and just look at this like a business deal... If the dealers cannot be convinced to waive the markup, and the customer throws a fit and walks away, the customer loses... Customer get nothing, Dealer Wins even more than the markup. The dealer can then raise the price to 180K+ and sell the hummer outright themselves. If the Customer wants the Hummer, and cannot convince the dealer to waive a 10K markup, its smarter to pay the markup, and enjoy the Hummer, or resell the Hummer themselves, and pocket $50K or so... Dealer gets a $10K markup, Customer makes $50K or so , who is really the winner?

· Registered
282 Posts
Let's set our emotion aside, and just look at this like a business deal... If the dealers cannot be convinced to waive the markup, and the customer throws a fit and walks away, the customer loses... Customer get nothing, Dealer Wins even more than the markup. The dealer can then raise the price to 180K+ and sell the hummer outright themselves. If the Customer wants the Hummer, and cannot convince the dealer to waive a 10K markup, its smarter to pay the markup, and enjoy the Hummer, or resell the Hummer themselves, and pocket $50K or so... Dealer gets a $10K markup, Customer makes $50K or so , who is really the winner?
yes ~ agree no doubt on the business / money side Tom. Just sucks that established dealerships can take advantage of those who reserve vehicles. It would be nice to hold dealers to a max price on the MSRP for at least reservation holders.

· Registered
471 Posts
yes ~ agree no doubt on the business / money side Tom. Just sucks that established dealerships can take advantage of those who reserve vehicles. It would be nice to hold dealers to a max price on the MSRP for at least reservation holders.
I agree on the reservation holders. The dealer did absolutely zilch to market or sell that vehicle. It is a vehicle that they otherwise would not have even gotten and would not have realized that sale. And they are being capitalistic/greedy because of the scarcity and the $ that people are getting on the secondary market.

I agree with everything that Tom has said, but it still sucks that the OP reserved something at a certain price (and we all know how things have changed it the last 2 years) and the expectation was to pay the price that GM set (and was gratious enough to hold) 2 years ago. The $10,000 market adjustment is probably on the lower side from what we have seen, but I would still be mad about it too. I know that I am going to make sure that I get my price in writing when I confirm my order... Or I will switch it to another dealer that will put it in writing.

· Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
907 Posts
Another option is to pay the markup, but tell the dealer that you will not return to them for any recall or warranty work in the future. They get paid by GM for that work. We have already seen updates and recalls that have had to be done by the dealers. And inform them you will not buy any future vehicles from them.

· Registered
68 Posts
And if you just want to keep the Hummer this is a bad take. I would/will just walk away and let them take advantage of someone else. Won't be me.

· Registered
68 Posts
Another option is to pay the markup, but tell the dealer that you will not return to them for any recall or warranty work in the future. They get paid by GM for that work. We have already seen updates and recalls that have had to be done by the dealers. And inform them you will not buy any future vehicles from them.
Dealers don't give a crap about that. They fleece enough customers where this wouldn't be an issue.

· Registered
13 Posts
My dealer wouldn't let me pay cash. They insisted on financing through them with a marked-up APR. I tried to switch dealers before it arrived, but once built, I wasn't able to according to Hummer concierge. I was FURIOUS and called Bank of America who they were financing through. The bank told me that stinks, however since the dealer was giving me MSRP take it and run and refi or payoff immediately after. BofA said "most" trucks there were financing were getting hit with $50k up charges by dealers. According to this thread, no one hear, but that is absolute robbery if true.

· Registered
68 Posts
My dealer wouldn't let me pay cash. They insisted on financing through them with a marked-up APR. I tried to switch dealers before it arrived, but once built, I wasn't able to according to Hummer concierge. I was FURIOUS and called Bank of America who they were financing through. The bank told me that stinks, however since the dealer was giving me MSRP take it and run and refi or payoff immediately after. BofA said "most" trucks there were financing were getting hit with $50k up charges by dealers. According to this thread, no one hear, but that is absolute robbery if true.
Walk away from that truck. Also BoA is one of the worst banks ever.

· Registered
4,024 Posts
Walk away from that truck. Also BoA is one of the worst banks ever.
Haha, walk away from the Hummer you have been waiting for? Nah... Just pay off the loan instantly, and pay no interest.

As for B of A, why are they the worst? I have accounts at Citi, B of A, Chase, Wells Fargo, and a few other local banks, have not found any of them to be the worst, and all offer unique benefits, and rules. I move money between banks to collect bonuses, and B of A has some of the most generous in their preferred rewards.

· Registered
68 Posts
Haha, walk away from the Hummer you have been waiting for? Nah... Just pay off the loan instantly, and pay no interest.

As for B of A, why are they the worst? I have accounts at Citi, B of A, Chase, Wells Fargo, and a few other local banks, have not found any of them to be the worst, and all offer unique benefits, and rules. I move money between banks to collect bonuses, and B of A has some of the most generous in their preferred rewards.
Crap mortgage department. Crap mortgage products. Incompetent staff.

· Registered
4,024 Posts
Crap mortgage department. Crap mortgage products. Incompetent staff.
I have a mortgage with Wells, and car loan at B of A, never talk to either one of them, just make the payments and all is quiet and peaceful. If B of A has a crap mortgage dept, take your mortgage business to another bank, no biggie.

When people complain about banks, its most often because they don't meet the banks guidelines, which is really not the bank's fault. I recently had to send a wire transfer off my business account, and B of A was very helpful, even though I did not meet their ID rules. and had never signed a signature card at the bank (I opened the account online to get a $2500 bonus and had never visited the branch).

· Registered
152 Posts

Yes, pay it off, however don't most loans make you keep them for a period of time, so you can't do that without a penalty of some sort??
Or the Fee to apply for the loan is high. But then again either way it's probably cheaper.

· Registered
4,024 Posts
Yes, pay it off, however don't most loans make you keep them for a period of time, so you can't do that without a penalty of some sort??
Or the Fee to apply for the loan is high. But then again either way it's probably cheaper.
Typically car loans do not have prepayment penalties, but the bank does not pay the dealer they bonus for marked up rates until the customer makes their 3rd payment, so as long as you pay off the loan before the 3rd month, the dealer does not get the bonus (will be pissed)

· Registered
68 Posts
and car loan at B of A, never talk to either one of them, just make the payments and all is quiet and peaceful. If B of A has a crap mortgage dept, take your mortgage business to another bank, no biggie.
Taking my mortgage elsewhere was a no brainer but I had no say in how it got there in the first place. None of what you said invalidates my experience and overall satisfaction with them. There were mistakes made in my case that took considerable effort to correct.

By your posts it seems like you pretty much experience smooth sailing through everything. Must be nice.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts