GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
907 Posts
What makes ul that $11k? Market adjustment or protection/tint packages etc? The total sounds about where ya usually land after normal fees ans sales taxes in most places.
Could be taxes, in AZ we are around 9% depending on which county and which city the dealer is in. But if you have a trade in, that value does not count against sales tax. Plus they have title and registration fees, those vary by state as well.

· Registered
907 Posts
No Sales Tax!!! I'm moving there!!!!
I had to pay $9,371.25 in Sales Tax, it's like the
government getting the Market Value Adjustment!!!
As far as their Market Adjustment, They Suck for doing that!
I would raise hell at the dealer, make a scene, and complain that, that is not right, it's underhanded, sneaky, and totally not professional to pull a boner like that after the truck arrives without disclosing that little piece of information from the get-go. Then it would be your decision to go to a different dealer. Inform them that you will contact GM & Concierge and see what can be done! Because they urge dealers not to mark up the HEV. Especially when they are not up front about it!!!
Good Luck:mad:
I know that feeling, I am expecting to pay around $10K in sales tax. In AZ we have relatively low income tax, and very low EV registration fees, but our sales taxes are high since they add sales taxes for counties and cities.

· Registered
907 Posts
Another option is to pay the markup, but tell the dealer that you will not return to them for any recall or warranty work in the future. They get paid by GM for that work. We have already seen updates and recalls that have had to be done by the dealers. And inform them you will not buy any future vehicles from them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts