GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4,024 Posts
First, thanks for your reply!

After I wrote this I requested an "itemized" price sheet to see what was being charged. They sent me one with a handwritten "dealer market adjustment" handwritten on it and a $9,999 charge. The rest of it came to registration and all fees. Also, I should of noted in my original post, I live in Oregon, where we don't have sales tax or vehicle tax (besides the fees and all of that).
call the dealership and ask to talk to the owner, insist.. As most dealerships will not easily patch you through to the owner, and explain that there is an easy way and hard way to deal with this, you would prefer the easy way since GMC has guided dealers not to do this on Hummer EV's.. Let them know step 2 is to Tweet GM executives on twitter asking for help... Mary Barra, Mark Reuss, and Duncan Alrdred.

I will add, worst case scenario, pay the markup and immediately flip the truck, you will make more than the dealer did, so you can laugh all the way to the bank. If you pass on the truck, the dealer can flip it, and will make the money, which I am sure is what they hope for.

· Registered
4,024 Posts
BULL - SHIT !!! Do you have anything confirming that the sales price would be MSRP?? Emails , Verbal?? I would not pay it ! Some dealers suck, and unfortunate that they take advantage of people who have been waiting 2 years for their vehicle.
Let's set our emotion aside, and just look at this like a business deal... If the dealers cannot be convinced to waive the markup, and the customer throws a fit and walks away, the customer loses... Customer get nothing, Dealer Wins even more than the markup. The dealer can then raise the price to 180K+ and sell the hummer outright themselves. If the Customer wants the Hummer, and cannot convince the dealer to waive a 10K markup, its smarter to pay the markup, and enjoy the Hummer, or resell the Hummer themselves, and pocket $50K or so... Dealer gets a $10K markup, Customer makes $50K or so , who is really the winner?

· Registered
4,024 Posts
Walk away from that truck. Also BoA is one of the worst banks ever.
Haha, walk away from the Hummer you have been waiting for? Nah... Just pay off the loan instantly, and pay no interest.

As for B of A, why are they the worst? I have accounts at Citi, B of A, Chase, Wells Fargo, and a few other local banks, have not found any of them to be the worst, and all offer unique benefits, and rules. I move money between banks to collect bonuses, and B of A has some of the most generous in their preferred rewards.

· Registered
4,024 Posts
Crap mortgage department. Crap mortgage products. Incompetent staff.
I have a mortgage with Wells, and car loan at B of A, never talk to either one of them, just make the payments and all is quiet and peaceful. If B of A has a crap mortgage dept, take your mortgage business to another bank, no biggie.

When people complain about banks, its most often because they don't meet the banks guidelines, which is really not the bank's fault. I recently had to send a wire transfer off my business account, and B of A was very helpful, even though I did not meet their ID rules. and had never signed a signature card at the bank (I opened the account online to get a $2500 bonus and had never visited the branch).

· Registered
4,024 Posts
Yes, pay it off, however don't most loans make you keep them for a period of time, so you can't do that without a penalty of some sort??
Or the Fee to apply for the loan is high. But then again either way it's probably cheaper.
Typically car loans do not have prepayment penalties, but the bank does not pay the dealer they bonus for marked up rates until the customer makes their 3rd payment, so as long as you pay off the loan before the 3rd month, the dealer does not get the bonus (will be pissed)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts