GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Hummer just arrived at the dealer (I have been calling and checking in pretty religiously for the last year), so needless to say I was pretty stoked. I was not, on the other hand, stoked when at this time they told me the price, which was $123k, and some change. I asked to see the breakdown. They sent me the sticker price, with the additional lighting package and it came out to a little under $112k....

So the dealer is tacking on $11k? Is there any way to dispute this? I can't change my reservation to any other dealership because it is there now. Before it arrived I asked multiple times for a final price sheet, but they said they wouldn't have it until it showed up.... so I feel as I little bamboozled. Also, I don't know if this matters, but I am not getting any type of financing for this.

For all the pros out there, are there any suggestions on what I can do? I have (like many others) waited 2 years for this thing to show up, and have spent countless hours trying to get all the info I can on my order, to now, the day it arrives learn there will be a $11k markup.

I appreciate any advice or thoughts in advance, thank you!

Font Material property Rectangle Publication Parallel

·
Registered
439 Posts
What makes ul that $11k? Market adjustment or protection/tint packages etc? The total sounds about where ya usually land after normal fees ans sales taxes in most places.

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
819 Posts
What makes ul that $11k? Market adjustment or protection/tint packages etc? The total sounds about where ya usually land after normal fees ans sales taxes in most places.
Could be taxes, in AZ we are around 9% depending on which county and which city the dealer is in. But if you have a trade in, that value does not count against sales tax. Plus they have title and registration fees, those vary by state as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could be taxes, in AZ we are around 9% depending on which county and which city the dealer is in. But if you have a trade in, that value does not count against sales tax. Plus they have title and registration fees, those vary by state as well.
So that was my initial thought, so I asked for a breakdown of the price so I could see.... (Also, I am from Oregon, so there are no sales tax or vehicle tax besides the registration fees)... this is the "price breakdown" they sent me:

Font Material property Parallel Rectangle Pattern

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep sounds like it’s just taxes and fees
I should of specified in my original post that I am in Oregon, so we don't have sales tax or any large tax. I did initially think the same thing so I asked for a breakdown in price and they sent me a pic of it handwritten in "Dealer Market Adjustment" and a $9,999 charge.

The registration and other fees are on there (that come to $1,514.18), so it looks like it really is just an upcharge from the dealer because they are the ones that received my reservation.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
First, thanks for your reply!

After I wrote this I requested an "itemized" price sheet to see what was being charged. They sent me one with a handwritten "dealer market adjustment" handwritten on it and a $9,999 charge. The rest of it came to registration and all fees. Also, I should of noted in my original post, I live in Oregon, where we don't have sales tax or vehicle tax (besides the fees and all of that).

·
Registered
152 Posts
So that was my initial thought, so I asked for a breakdown of the price so I could see.... (Also, I am from Oregon, so there are no sales tax or vehicle tax besides the registration fees)... this is the "price breakdown" they sent me:

View attachment 3329
No Sales Tax!!! I'm moving there!!!!
I had to pay $9,371.25 in Sales Tax, it's like the
government getting the Market Value Adjustment!!!
As far as their Market Adjustment, They Suck for doing that!
I would raise hell at the dealer, make a scene, and complain that, that is not right, it's underhanded, sneaky, and totally not professional to pull a boner like that after the truck arrives without disclosing that little piece of information from the get-go. Then it would be your decision to go to a different dealer. Inform them that you will contact GM & Concierge and see what can be done! Because they urge dealers not to mark up the HEV. Especially when they are not up front about it!!!
Good Luck:mad:

·
Registered
143 Posts
I should of specified in my original post that I am in Oregon, so we don't have sales tax or any large tax. I did initially think the same thing so I asked for a breakdown in price and they sent me a pic of it handwritten in "Dealer Market Adjustment" and a $9,999 charge.

The registration and other fees are on there (that come to $1,514.18), so it looks like it really is just an upcharge from the dealer because they are the ones that received my reservation.
Man, I think you might be SOL here. You could blast the dealer on Twitter and tag Mary Barra and Mark Reuss, but TBD if that will work. The common consensus on this chat has been to get it in WRITING that your dealer won't charge above MSRP BEFORE the truck arrives at the dealer.

Wishing you the best of luck, though. Definitely must feel like stepping on a dog turd as you're going to receive your winning lotto ticket.

I hope you still really enjoy your new truck!

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
First, thanks for your reply!

After I wrote this I requested an "itemized" price sheet to see what was being charged. They sent me one with a handwritten "dealer market adjustment" handwritten on it and a $9,999 charge. The rest of it came to registration and all fees. Also, I should of noted in my original post, I live in Oregon, where we don't have sales tax or vehicle tax (besides the fees and all of that).
call the dealership and ask to talk to the owner, insist.. As most dealerships will not easily patch you through to the owner, and explain that there is an easy way and hard way to deal with this, you would prefer the easy way since GMC has guided dealers not to do this on Hummer EV's.. Let them know step 2 is to Tweet GM executives on twitter asking for help... Mary Barra, Mark Reuss, and Duncan Alrdred.

I will add, worst case scenario, pay the markup and immediately flip the truck, you will make more than the dealer did, so you can laugh all the way to the bank. If you pass on the truck, the dealer can flip it, and will make the money, which I am sure is what they hope for.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I will add, worst case scenario, pay the markup and immediately flip the truck, you will make more than the dealer did, so you can laugh all the way to the bank. If you pass on the truck, the dealer can flip it, and will make the money, which I am sure is what they hope for.
The OP posted in June looking for interested parties to flip the truck to. Unless he had a change of heart, his dilemma is one of profit margin and my sympathy is absent.

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
819 Posts
I would raise hell at the dealer, make a scene, and complain that, that is not right, it's underhanded, sneaky, and totally not professional to pull a boner like that after the truck arrives without disclosing that little piece of information from the get-go. Then it would be your decision to go to a different dealer. Inform them that you will contact GM & Concierge and see what can be done! Because they urge dealers not to mark up the HEV. Especially when they are not up front about it!!!
I know that feeling, I am expecting to pay around $10K in sales tax. In AZ we have relatively low income tax, and very low EV registration fees, but our sales taxes are high since they add sales taxes for counties and cities.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
The OP posted in June looking for interested parties to flip the truck to. Unless he had a change of heart, his dilemma is one of profit margin and my sympathy is absent.
This is true! At the time I was going through some stuff that it looked like I wasn't going to be able to get the truck, so the next best thing was to flip it. But circumstances have fortunately changed!

Ps, I am in no way looking for sympathy, just looking for input and thoughts as I have found the internet has been a good resource (for the most part lol) for that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ha, well we do have a high-income tax. It all evens out a bit... but it is nice to not have that extra tax on these large items.... imagine paying a sales tax AND a dealer markup!

Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Man, I think you might be SOL here. You could blast the dealer on Twitter and tag Mary Barra and Mark Reuss, but TBD if that will work. The common consensus on this chat has been to get it in WRITING that your dealer won't charge above MSRP BEFORE the truck arrives at the dealer.

Wishing you the best of luck, though. Definitely must feel like stepping on a dog turd as you're going to receive your winning lotto ticket.

I hope you still really enjoy your new truck!
I will definitely try those options! Thank you!

·
Registered
2022 Hummer EV Edition 1; 2007 Maserati QP Sport GT
223 Posts
picked up my Hummer yesterday, I told my dealer about your situation, they said contact GM because they really don’t want dealers doing that for reservation holders and would put pressure on that dealer! Especially with the edition 1 vehicles!
Good luck
Congratulations! Has it exceeded your expectations?

·
Registered
152 Posts
It has! However, it is a little overwhelming! The technology is over the top, excess at its best. There are so many things to choose from and it does so many things, between the ride height options, the driving modes, one pedal driving, automatic 4-wheel steering, the InfoMation system, all the cameras, three windshield wipers, WTF mode, when do I charge it, where do I charge it, how long do I charge it, blah, blah, blah! It's going to take some time! The only thing that isn't overwhelming is its size, I'm used to that!
I do love it though! I still have to deal with installing my home charger, I didn't believe I was actually getting the truck, so I didn't install it yet, and that is a project in itself, because my electric panel is as far away from my driveway as you can get...ugggg!!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts