GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer : Congratulations it’s time to order your EV 1. I bet you’re excited

Skyhopsing : I am excited and at the same time apprehensive. I know dealers are charging a ADM.

Dealer : Your price includes a 10K Market Adjustment

Skyhopsing : I am changing my dealer to one that sells for MSRP

Dealer: That will delay your delivery.

Skyhopsing: That is not the case, according to my knowledge

Dealer: We will not be able to sell for MSRP

I thanked him for his time.

Phone rings five minutes later

Dealer : You are the first person to receive a EV1 at our dealership, We would like you take delivery at our dealership as this will increase our future allocations. Therefore we will sell you the truck for MSRP.

Skyhopsing : I am going to need that in writing.

Dealer. : We are not going to be able to do that. MSRP, taxes, tags blah, blah, blah

Skyhopsing : I‘ll come talk on Monday

Need advise on how to move forward

1. Forgo the MRSP in writing and trust the dealer,

2. Insist on MSRP letter.

3. Move on to the next dealership

Thanks in advance. I really want this truck

Bob
Palm Beach Florida

·
Registered
3,781 Posts

Skyhopsing : I am excited and at the same time apprehensive. I know dealers are charging a ADM.

Dealer : You are the first person to receive a EV1 at our dealership, We would like you take delivery at our dealership as this will increase our future allocations. Therefore we will sell you the truck for MSRP.

Dealer. : We are not going to be able to do that. MSRP, taxes, tags blah, blah, blah

Bob
Palm Beach Florida
Dealers need to knock this sh-- off, call other dealers and if you can get an MSRP agreement in writing move your allocation.

·
Registered
C7 Corvette, H3X Hummer
132 Posts

Bob
Palm Beach Florida
Get a purchase agreement stating the price you agree on. Signed by both parties.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Get a purchase agreement stating the price you agree on. Signed by both parties.
No dealer will agree to that, everyone knows GM is going to raise the MSRP price at some point, I suspect when the ED1 reservations are filled, they will raise the price of that configuration about 10%. Lyriq is also going to get a price increase of about 8% on May 18th.

·
Registered
532 Posts
If they aren’t willing to put it in writing that you’ll pay MSRP then I would just go to another dealer. Sounds like some funny business if they were originally going to charge extra but when they “changed their mind” they still weren’t willing to put it in writing. Other dealers have had no problem putting it in writing at the time of verification.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just got off the phone with the concierge, apparently once you talk to a salesman on the phone, you are verifying your reservation. You will not be able to change your dealership. Sounds like bullshit to me. Still waiting on a callback from the concierge.

Just Pissed Off Now

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
That is correct. We had to setup a separate ACH account for deposits. @PFRobinson whichever dealer you selected initially will have your money and can cancel the reservation.
How are you guys doing on Lyriq interest? My local dealer has 100 on their list with $1000 deposits paid, and they are doing markups (actually a package of goods and services for $5K)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just got off the phone with the concierge, apparently once you talk to a salesman on the phone, you are verifying your reservation. You will not be able to change your dealership. Sounds like bullshit to me. Still waiting on a callback from the concierge.

Just Pissed Off Now
Did you ever get this resolved? I'm a little confused because I thought you could change your selected dealer up until the point before the order is verified. As I have understood, after verification is done, then you can't change selected dealer. It seems that most people that have had gone through the verification process have had to sign an agreement (electronically or physically) and have had to go through checking which final options available for your order. It doesn't make sense for a GM concierge to say that just a phone call to/from a salesman counts as an order verification. Just a call to a dealer to check if they're selling at MSRP counts as verification? There's no paper trail. A dealer could just say, welp salesman confirmed the order with every option available and without a customer signature and customer has to buy it or not? GM needs to to get a hold of this quickly!

·
Super Moderator
457 Posts
How about interest in the Escalade V, that thing looks like a badass...
That we have more interest in. Watched the live dealer reveal this morning and it's going to be awesome. It's a step beyond the Sport Platinum trim, so that look combined with V-series options. I looked into the ordering and it's pretty straightforward, coming with every option standard other than late availability SuperCruise. Pick your exterior color and interior and that was about it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts