GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
This video link has been posted on other EV forums, as usual Kyle is long winded.

But, just consider what happened on Labor Day weekend for travelers between CA and AZ. There are 7 CCS chargers in the Blythe/Quartzsite area, and all were broken simultaneously. Electrify America, Charge Point and EV Connect. I had just used those chargers in Quartzsite on July 31, all were working that day, 4 cars charging at the same time.

View attachment 3014

View attachment 3015

View attachment 3016
This is my main complaint as well. I’m on my second EV , and both have had DCFC. Chargers were eventually installed around the Big Island of Hawaii in places where you’d need them… 3/4 of them no longer work, and one of these is the closest on , in the parking lot of the local electric company! Supposedly Hawaii just for millions to install new chargers, but I would rather they used the money to maintain the ones we already have! Eventually there needs to be attendants , just like a gas station who can make sure they aren’t vandalized, and repair them as needed!

· Registered
56 Posts
Hawaii would be the one place I'd think you wouldn't need a lot of public chargers along "interstates".
Well I can go from Hilo to Kona and back and still have about 40% battery left in my Bolt, but it’s always nice to be able to top off if you want to make a side trip while out and about!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts