GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like a Hummer ED1 involved in an accident is up for sale at copart.

Current bid at time of post was 69k.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Cloud

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kind of wonder if the battery got damaged. Why would this be for sale, unless it was totaled? Obviously some suspension damage, but that is likely fixable.
Insurance companies are very stingy on EVs when repairing them, especially if parts are hard to come by and would rather just total.

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
1,091 Posts
Kind of wonder if the battery got damaged. Why would this be for sale, unless it was totaled? Obviously some suspension damage, but that is likely fixable.
Says salvage title. Might have been totalled out strictly because the insurance company would get more of their money back doing that than trying to have it repaired. Especially if the person in the accident has rental coverage while waiting for repair.

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
815 Posts
That rear wheel has this Hummer looking like its life was cut short mid-Crab Walk
I am sure it just busted the tie rod in the rear, along with some other parts of course. This type of damage is just like when a normal car gets impacted at the front wheels.

But at least the tail lamp is not damaged, that saves $3k on the repairs.:)

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
1,091 Posts
I am sure it just busted the tie rod in the rear, along with some other parts of course. This type of damage is just like when a normal car gets impacted at the front wheels.

It'd be fun to buy this and shove all the compnents into an old schoolbus or something. Crab walk would get interesting.

·
Registered
436 Posts

I was going to say the same thing... 😂😂😂😂😁😁😁

1 - 13 of 13 Posts