GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So to my surprise the Clipper Creek wall charger showed up on my door today. I had recently verified my order a few weeks back which I am sure triggered it but with a Fall delivery I wasn't expecting the charger anytime soon.

For those that got the charger did the truck delivery follow shortly after or am I in fact still stuck in limbo waiting until the fall 2022?

Also amazes me that they shipped the charger while only holding a $100 deposit from me... Surely no one walks away from a reservation these days but nice leap of faith reservation holders aren't going to flake and disappear.

Reactions: theflew

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
So to my surprise the Clipper Creek wall charger showed up on my door today. I had recently verified my order a few weeks back which I am sure triggered it but with a Fall delivery I wasn't expecting the charger anytime soon.

For those that got the charger did the truck delivery follow shortly after or am I in fact still stuck in limbo waiting until the fall 2022?

Also amazes me that they shipped the charger while only holding a $100 deposit from me... Surely no one walks away from a reservation these days but nice leap of faith reservation holders aren't going to flake and disappear.
Hummer is going to be ramping up faster than originally expected, if you are fall expect June to Sept delivery...

·
Registered
392 Posts
yep. I’m not holding out hope I still am setting my expectation for early 2023. Was hoping the truck would come first so I could drive it a few months and then sell when the edition 1 SUV comes in

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
yep. I’m not holding out hope I still am setting my expectation for early 2023. Was hoping the truck would come first so I could drive it a few months and then sell when the edition 1 SUV comes in
The information I have says SUV will start production in January 2023, so it will likely be Q2 for deliveries. Its usually takes a couple months from production start to deliveries.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would like to see if someone actually "skips" line and receives their hummer early based on reservation grouping. If someone with a summer estimated reservation receives theirs before someone with a spring reservation. I called concierge a month ago and asked what was going on. Concierge said that the verify emails going out did not change the anticipated delivery. So if you had a fall estimated delivery but got a verify email early, it would not change your date of arrival and would still be fall regardless. Anyone have proof to support otherwise at this point?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hope that means my fall 3X actually hits in the fall then too. One can only dream…
Maybe we should have a 3X "watch" thread and anyone hearing anything about folks with 3X orders getting verified and getting chargers can spread the word. That would give us some hope for Christmas 3X deliveries! Only 1,101 more ED1s to produce then it's on to the 3X! That's if the 1,200 limited production ED1 news is correct and if they only made 99 so far, AND if they will not make any more ED1s. :unsure:

I have an 3X reservation, not waitlisted for ED1. I want a black 3X

·
Registered
77 Posts
Now I know a lot of us have our inside guys in the car business. I grew up in Lake Orion MI, all our dads were in the business. My guys are telling me that they are only producing 1-2 a day right now. It may be a while before they get to the 3x. Hopefully they are ramping up production.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Now I know a lot of us have our inside guys in the car business. I grew up in Lake Orion MI, all our dads were in the business. My guys are telling me that they are only producing 1-2 a day right now. It may be a while before they get to the 3x. Hopefully they are ramping up production.
Production is slowly ramping up. They recently announced a goal of 21,000 hummers by year end. I think that goal is a little ambitious but I’m sure they wouldn’t have thrown that number out if they weren’t already ramping up.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Two weeks ago Magna told me they were making 6 battery trays a day. That's the total across prototype/pre-production/production. That also includes the smaller 20 module packs in the count.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Plant I visited does the trays. I think they are also doing the module boxes, but said that's a different plant. They let me take the photo, so presumably they expected I might share it...
View attachment 2180
Interesting, that just looks like a series of stampings welded together. I am a bit surprised GM did not do that part in house since they have hundreds of stamping presses, The module boxes are a more precision and technical part of the battery pack, with the cooling system, etc...

Was this the new factory Magna just built?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Maybe we should have a 3X "watch" thread and anyone hearing anything about folks with 3X orders getting verified and getting chargers can spread the word. That would give us some hope for Christmas 3X deliveries! Only 1,101 more ED1s to produce then it's on to the 3X! That's if the 1,200 limited production ED1 news is correct and if they only made 99 so far, AND if they will not make any more ED1s. :unsure:

I have an 3X reservation, not waitlisted for ED1. I want a black 3X
I sure hope so, I feel like if they are 1) going to do all ED1s firs to get out of the way, AND 2) only going to produce 1,200 ED1s, then that seems odd.

I have a Fall 2022 Delivery for an ED1 and if that is ~September, then it seems they would only make about 183 trucks per month, 45 per week through then? That seems really low even though it is much more than Q1 for GM.

Either they are going to make way more ED1s, they are super slow and this holds true, or they are going to really deliver 2x faster than estimate - ug.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
I sure hope so, I feel like if they are 1) going to do all ED1s firs to get out of the way, AND 2) only going to produce 1,200 ED1s, then that seems odd.

I have a Fall 2022 Delivery for an ED1 and if that is ~September, then it seems they would only make about 183 trucks per month, 45 per week through then? That seems really low even though it is much more than Q1 for GM.

Either they are going to make way more ED1s, they are super slow and this holds true, or they are going to really deliver 2x faster than estimate - ug.
I think production will step up in Q2, I think 500 or so, and Q3 2500 or so, then Q4 should get close to running production rate. It's all around the battery cells at this point and when Lordstown starts to ramp up. Same for Lyriq...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts