GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all from Ohio.

I know this isn't Hummer-related, but I just wanted to start a thread to check-in on other members in light of this coronavirus spread. Here in Ohio, Cleveland area, the state in almost entirely on lock-down, no restaurants, no bars, no gyms, no malls, almost everything is closed. I haven't seen anything like this in my lifetime. Cleveland itself has become Ohio's epicenter of infection, about half of the Ohio cases are from the city proper.

In the suburbs (where I lived until recently) and out in the more rural areas, things aren't too bad, but it's beginning to spread here. Older people are locking themselves inside, for the most part. The saddest thing (at least currently) is how the economy, recently booming, has gone to hell just like that. People can't work, so now they're afraid they'll lose their jobs, or the company the work for will go under, etc. It's really unthinkable that things could go from so well to so terrible just like that.

I'm a younger guy myself, but I just wanted to check in on members who might be among the more vulnerable demographics in our society, and also in other countries (I know at least @JimsH3 is from Canada). @Oakwood, @AllTerrain, @St00k, @2007hummerowner, and @rusty_taco, hope all is well thusfar. All are welcome to report back with the situation in your area. Stay safe!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey @StillHummer! I'm all safe thanks, I'm working from home thankfully so I'm pretty much quarantined. I hope you're doing well in Ohio.

In Ontario the Province has called a state of emergency so it's a similar situation, where a lot of things are on lockdown. I hope everyone stays inside for as long as they can and for the love of God don't forget to wash your hands!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Stay safe @StillHummer ! Sounds crazy.

It's hard to see how bad things are, both medically and financially.

Hopefully we can all hunker down for 2 weeks and then things will start getting better. I have to think it'll be a month of this kind of lockdown though

I saw a report this morning that NYC anticipates it'll be at its worst in mid-April.

I'm outside Toronto (another Ontarian). Things are all locked down here.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Greetings all from Ohio.

I know this isn't Hummer-related, but I just wanted to start a thread to check-in on other members in light of this coronavirus spread. Here in Ohio, Cleveland area, the state in almost entirely on lock-down, no restaurants, no bars, no gyms, no malls, almost everything is closed. I haven't seen anything like this in my lifetime. Cleveland itself has become Ohio's epicenter of infection, about half of the Ohio cases are from the city proper.

In the suburbs (where I lived until recently) and out in the more rural areas, things aren't too bad, but it's beginning to spread here. Older people are locking themselves inside, for the most part. The saddest thing (at least currently) is how the economy, recently booming, has gone to hell just like that. People can't work, so now they're afraid they'll lose their jobs, or the company the work for will go under, etc. It's really unthinkable that things could go from so well to so terrible just like that.

I'm a younger guy myself, but I just wanted to check in on members who might be among the more vulnerable demographics in our society, and also in other countries (I know at least @JimsH3 is from Canada). @Oakwood, @AllTerrain, @St00k, @2007hummerowner, and @rusty_taco, hope all is well thusfar. All are welcome to report back with the situation in your area. Stay safe!
Thanks for the kind words @StillHummer! Things have been good for me and my family thankfully, a lot of stuff has been shut down and we've only left the house to fill up on groceries. We're staying positive and keeping each other calm during these crazy times. I hope you and your loved ones are doing well too.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad to hear from a bunch of you thus far, that you're doing well considering the circumstances! I am well here, thank you all. Just trying to stay positive, and remember that life will largely return back to normal hopefully sooner rather than later. Really makes you appreciate how good we had it!

Ohio just released a "stay at home" order for all but essential businesses. Not full martial law yet, but with the way things are going stateside, it could be coming. I had to go downtown yesterday, first time I'd left the house in a week...and it was a ghost town. I saw maybe 5 cars, 3 people. I have never seen anything like it.

Stay well all, if there is any pressing news coming from your area, feel free to report it here! Sound, factual information is key, often its much better to get it from every day people on the ground, such as ourselves, instead of the national media!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts