GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone notice a cicada like buzzing sound when they give it a little throttle at speeds around 30MPH (not to be confused with the "angel sound" the truck makes all of the time when on)? I understand that there is supposed to be a "pedestrian warning noise" at speeds less that 18MPH or so, but the cicada noise I'm talking about doesn't seem to happen until around 30MPH or so and I can only hear it with the windows down. It might be making this noise at higher speeds as well but I just can't hear it over the wind and tire noise. I can hear it really well when driving past an object like a building. As soon as I let off of the throttle (or reduce speed), the sound goes away. I have noticed this sound after an update about a month or so ago and it seems to persist across all drive modes.

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,568 Posts
There are a number of things from the motor, the driveline, the wheels that could cause this sound. Hard to pin point it as we don't have a recording.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know if I can get a recording of it unless I duct tape my phone to the underside of the truck as the sound seems to be coming from the passenger side, rear, underneath. It sounds exactly like a cicada.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts