GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone notice a cicada like buzzing sound when they give it a little throttle at speeds around 30MPH (not to be confused with the "angel sound" the truck makes all of the time when on)? I understand that there is supposed to be a "pedestrian warning noise" at speeds less that 18MPH or so, but the cicada noise I'm talking about doesn't seem to happen until around 30MPH or so and I can only hear it with the windows down. It might be making this noise at higher speeds as well but I just can't hear it over the wind and tire noise. I can hear it really well when driving past an object like a building. As soon as I let off of the throttle (or reduce speed), the sound goes away. I have noticed this sound after an update about a month or so ago and it seems to persist across all drive modes.

·
Registered
2019, Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,260 Posts
There are a number of things from the motor, the driveline, the wheels that could cause this sound. Hard to pin point it as we don't have a recording.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know if I can get a recording of it unless I duct tape my phone to the underside of the truck as the sound seems to be coming from the passenger side, rear, underneath. It sounds exactly like a cicada.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I know exactly what you are talking about, you hear it with the windows down in an area would sound would bounce back towards you most. Seems like some sort of 'engine' noise in the back, let me know if you find out anything more please!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts