GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
898 Posts
:O Even earlier!

Edit: interesting that's the Chevy Canada twitter account and not the main Chevy Twitter.
Yeah, I haven't been able to find other references to the Sept 8th date or if there is a physical reveal associated with it. Especially since the Detroit auto show is the "North American International Auto Show" it seems strange that there would be an earlier Canada only reveal.

·
Registered
156 Posts
So now that the Equinox has been formally revealed, Detroit might just be an introduction for media that haven't seen it yet.

Or something else? Only other new Chevy's that I can think of coming next year are the next gen ICE Traverse, Tahoe refresh or maybe another Silverado EV trim? Formal reveal of the Trailboss or 20k lbs towing version?

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
898 Posts
So now that the Equinox has been formally revealed, Detroit might just be an introduction for media that haven't seen it yet.

Or something else? Only other new Chevy's that I can think of coming next year are the next gen ICE Traverse, Tahoe refresh or maybe another Silverado EV trim? Formal reveal of the Trailboss or 20k lbs towing version?
20k towing is supposed to be a 2025 MY truck I think. Personally I think it's going to be a car of some sort.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts

20K towing version of Silverado is way off in the future, need different battery tech for that.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
The 20k lbs towing model is a 2025 model meaning 2024 start of production. That is only a year after Silverado EV production begins.
View attachment 3021
We will see... But 20K lb towing requires a solid rear axle, which Magna is working on, but have not seen anything from GM. Also GM's current battery range is pathetic, towing 3X what the Hummer can will make it much worse.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
The Rivian has 11k rating. Hummer's rating isn't low because of the independent suspension.
Tongue weight is often a factor of a vehicle lost handling, Rivian assumes 1100 lbs tongue weight, that's about the max with independent suspension, Rivian also has a hydraulic system to stabilize side to side which stiffens the system up more like a solid axle, Hummer and GM trucks do not have that. Rivian is also a Body on top of Frame vehicle, not a unibody like the Hummer.

Solid axle far better for lowing, bottom line...

·
Registered
80 Posts
IIRC, at one time I believe GM said they would have another unnamed Ultium-based EV even less expensive than the Equinox. GM does have a 50 kWh/ 6-module Ultium pack included in the platform. The Ultium-based Bolt equivalent, w/ 6 and 8-module options? (I think the Equinox EV‘s pack options are 8- and 10-module packs, based on the probable wheelbase and stated ranges and charge speeds).

1 - 20 of 42 Posts