GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else that has taken delivery noticed that the A/C fan button seems cheap feeling? Specifically turning the fan up I feel like I get no response but anything down has a nice feel. I have sold 3 of these hummers as well as my personal one and all of them have had the same feeling. I know its not a huge deal but when we are talking about a 115k vehicle things like that matter more to customers.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Has anyone else that has taken delivery noticed that the A/C fan button seems cheap feeling? Specifically turning the fan up I feel like I get no response but anything down has a nice feel. I have sold 3 of these hummers as well as my personal one and all of them have had the same feeling. I know its not a huge deal but when we are talking about a 115k vehicle things like that matter more to customers.
That whole row of buttons feels kinda cheap to me. Mainly the one that turns of traction control, to hit 2 times for WTF, is squishy - can't even tell if pushing or not. They should have given these a good click.

·
Registered
67 Posts
@Nebula1701 @Littleshopofguitars - you two apparently give GM way too much credit if you think GM makes quality interiors and or parts. Government motors makes some of the worst vehicles outside of Tata motors. It’s a well known fact. The Hummer is cool but even the interior is cheap for a $100k+ suv. It’s not just my opinion, GM has been plagued with quality control for many years. It’s fascinating how people become brand minded, they don’t see clearly, they just become walking brand ambassadors and aren’t even getting paid for it. Please name one GM vehicle that has a high quality interior you can buy today? Also, name one GM product that doesn’t rust?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I definitely find the buttons mushy...But having just rented a Tesla for a few days, I'm SO THANKFUL for physical buttons!
Agree and unfortunately more manufacturers are pushing basic functions onto the screen. It’s just another way to cost cut. I test drove an Escalade Sport Plat. for fun and that widescreen is very distracting. I also prefer more buttons. I love my 911 targa, plenty of buttons and switches. ;-)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Sorry Karen, just responding to your sad faces on my comment above. So technically, you did take part. Not venting. Sorry you were triggered. Lol!
Us Karens only gave sad faces because we feel that focusing on something like that when almost every aspect of the Hummer is ground breaking and Cool as Hell, is just plain silly!
And how did you know our names were Karen??
And BTW I pushed that cheap feeling button 2 times and did a WTF launch yesterday, scared the heck out of my wife, and she has been driving with me in my hot rods for the past 40 years!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Us Karens only gave sad faces because we feel that focusing on something like that when almost every aspect of the Hummer is ground breaking and Cool as Hell, is just plain silly!
And BTW I pushed that cheap feeling button 2 times and did a WTF launch yesterday, scared the heck out of my wife, and she has been driving with me in my hot rods for the past 40 years!!!
I absolutely can't wait to scare my wife and my friends by pushing that cheap button twice!! Tell me, after the launch, did she want to do it again??

·
Registered
250 Posts
No, she didn’t, it is a hard jult when it takes off, not like one of my rear wheel drive hot rods that give you some tire spin cushion on takeoff, plus a message come up on the screen that says continuous use of this will put excessive wear and tear on the vehicle🥴 and it feels like it does too! I don’t think I will do it again!
9,000 lbs isn’t meant to do that…lol!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Groundbreaking, you’re joking right? That’s a bit of a stretch. Moving 9k lbs that fast is not groundbreaking. That’s like saying, let’s put in a bigger engine to make it go faster. How many batteries does the Hummer have compared to a Rivian? Please explain what is ground breaking about the Hummer that another company hasn’t already developed? Crab walk? If you actually off-road,you’d know 4-wheel steering has been around for awhile now. You said, almost every aspect of the Hummer is ground breaking, who’s being silly now. What’s groundbreaking about it, is it that amount of environmental waste the Hummer creates or being the most inefficient EV built today? Yes, it’s cool as hell, but it’s also terrible for the environment.

·
Registered
152 Posts
x
Ground breaking, you’re joking right? That’s a bit of a stretch. Moving 9k lbs that fast is not ground breaking. That’s like saying, let’s put in a bigger engine to make it go faster. How many batteries does the Hummer have compared to a Rivian? Please explain what is ground breaking about the Hummer that another company hasn’t already developed? Crab walk? If you actually off-road,you’d know 4-wheel steering has been around for awhile now. You said, almost every aspect of the Hummer is ground breaking, who’s being silly now. What’s groundbreaking about it, is it that amount of environmental waste the Hummer creates or being the most inefficient EV built today? Yes, it’s cool as hell, but it’s also terrible for the environment.
It's Obvious that you don't have a Hummer, But that's okay, we all can't have one!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ground breaking, you’re joking right? That’s a bit of a stretch. Moving 9k lbs that fast is not ground breaking. That’s like saying, let’s put in a bigger engine to make it go faster. How many batteries does the Hummer have compared to a Rivian? Please explain what is ground breaking about the Hummer that another company hasn’t already developed? Crab walk? If you actually off-road,you’d know 4-wheel steering has been around for awhile now. You said, almost every aspect of the Hummer is ground breaking, who’s being silly now. What’s groundbreaking about it, is it that amount of environmental waste the Hummer creates or being the most inefficient EV built today? Yes, it’s cool as hell, but it’s also terrible for the environment.
Just curious - are you still planning to buy the Hummer when yours comes in? I ask because it seems a growing number of people are talking about other options (Rivian, Sierra EV, etc.) and you don't seem particularly impressed by the Hummer (or other GM products for that matter). Are you considering the Rivian or other options instead?

For what it's worth, I agree there is some hyperbole in saying almost every aspect of the Hummer is groundbreaking but @Litshopofguitars only recently got his Hummer so I don't blame him for being excited about it. Personally, I wish more people were that enthusiastic about owning it and less worried about resale value. No slight to those who have or will sell, I just think it is more interesting to hear from people who are enjoying it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just curious - are you still planning to buy the Hummer when yours comes in? I ask because it seems a growing number of people are talking about other options (Rivian, Sierra EV, etc.) and you don't seem particularly impressed by the Hummer (or other GM products for that matter). Are you considering the Rivian or other options instead?

For what it's worth, I agree there is some hyperbole in saying almost every aspect of the Hummer is groundbreaking but @Litshopofguitars only recently got his Hummer so I don't blame him for being excited about it. Personally, I wish more people were that enthusiastic about owning it and less worried about resale value. No slight to those who have or will sell, I just think it is more interesting to hear from people who are enjoying it.
Thank you for the question and not being defensive because someone brings up the negatives. I was all onboard to buy it and I still might only because my lady really likes like. However, GM is certainly not known for quality but I was hoping they threw out the kitchen sink and wanted to create something much more special and used only the highest quality parts to build the Hummer. However, this is not as true as some on here what everyone to believe because they are emotionally invested whereas I see vehicles as just another tool and want a high quality reliable product with nice creature comforts if I’m spending $100+k.. When it comes to EVs, the Rivian seems to be fairing much better compared to the Hummer in reliability and build quality. Time will tell as these are new products and hoping GM will work out the bugs in the Hummer before I get mine, if I even decide to. The Ford lighting looks very promising. I still may get the Hummer as a fun beachside cruiser when we are at our rental “Airbnb” off 30A and allow people to rent it when renting the house. I’m a little torn because the Rivian is a better size for that area as it takes up less space. My wife thinks it looks like a Honda Ridgeline with a cartoonish front end. The more I learn about EVs, the less thrilled I am. They don’t fix a problem, they just create another one. I do like the fact they have less moving parts to go wrong but then you’re dealing with a driving computer and we all know how reliable computers are. Lol!

Again, I do like the Hummer for not looking like a typical boring EV. I give GM big kudos for making an EV actually look amazing. If they can get the quirks and quality issues worked out, I’ll be a very happy owner.

·
Registered
152 Posts
It’s “you’re” or “you are” a hat my man…not “your”. Lol! How am I a “hat man” for speaking the truth? You still have not come up with why the Hummer is so groundbreaking?
Okay Let us end this here! This is NOT the Corvette Forum!!!
It is "Your Hat" because it belongs to you, and it is what you should do in your hat!

Thats what I am saying.
and...
I apologize, you don't have to do anything in your hat, I should not have said that, I'm not a mean guy!

And YES I AM SO EFFIN EXCITED ABOUT MY HUMMER EV EDITION ONE!
It's the greatest vehicle I have ever owned...and the most expensive...let me have my day, Thank you Msv510

·
Registered
9 Posts
For me a vehicle is only worth driving if it makes you feel like you want to feel. I've owned everything from 911's and Lotuses to Audis and BWMs to Land Rovers and Cadillacs to old broncos and new jeeps...And I just said to my wife yesterday, I think this is finally the perfect vehicle for me. I love the width for a family of 5, the utility of the truck bed, the exhilarating speed, the ample comfort amenities, the look, and most importantly the attitude. The H2SUT, which I also owned, used to piss people off. I loved that truck. But this does the opposite. It's a workingman's supertruck. It puts a smile on my face and everyone who sees it at every moment. It's simply a blast. Will it be any more unreliable than all my other cars? Dunno. But all of them had issues. The difference is I won't mind having it fixed if I love what I drive and how it makes me feel while in it. Buttons and door handles and squeaks and leaks are with every car...But if I'm honest, some that I've owned that didn't have any quarks were probably also the least exciting.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Okay Let us end this here! This is NOT the Corvette Forum!!!
It is "Your Hat" because it belongs to you, and it is what you should do in your hat!

Thats what I am saying.
and...
I apologize, you don't have to do anything in your hat, I should not have said that, I'm not a mean guy!

And YES I AM SO EFFIN EXCITED ABOUT MY HUMMER EV EDITION ONE!
It's the greatest vehicle I have ever owned...and the most expensive...let me have my day, Thank you Msv510
Lol! Don’t take it so personally. It’s great you’re enjoying your new ride and congratulations. However, I’ve owned some pretty crazy vehicles and I never allow emotions of the new vehicle cloud my judgment. I have openly shared my negatives and positives on Porsche, AMG, Dodge and Lexus forums in the past. Hummer and Porsche are the only two forums I’m on these days and what’s great about the Porsche forums, we don’t have people get real upset or bent out of shape. Heck, my wife bought a new 2018 Macan S and it was great but the build quality is not very good and are also known to leak oil.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thank you for the question and not being defensive because someone brings up the negatives. I was all onboard to buy it and I still might only because my lady really likes like. However, GM is certainly not known for quality but I was hoping they threw out the kitchen sink and wanted to create something much more special and used only the highest quality parts to build the Hummer. However, this is not as true as some on here what everyone to believe because they are emotionally invested whereas I see vehicles as just another tool and want a high quality reliable product with nice creature comforts if I’m spending $100+k.. When it comes to EVs, the Rivian seems to be fairing much better compared to the Hummer in reliability and build quality. Time will tell as these are new products and hoping GM will work out the bugs in the Hummer before I get mine, if I even decide to. The Ford lighting looks very promising. I still may get the Hummer as a fun beachside cruiser when we are at our rental “Airbnb” off 30A and allow people to rent it when renting the house. I’m a little torn because the Rivian is a better size for that area as it takes up less space. My wife thinks it looks like a Honda Ridgeline with a cartoonish front end. The more I learn about EVs, the less thrilled I am. They don’t fix a problem, they just create another one. I do like the fact they have less moving parts to go wrong but then you’re dealing with a driving computer and we all know how reliable computers are. Lol!

Again, I do like the Hummer for not looking like a typical boring EV. I give GM big kudos for making an EV actually look amazing. If they can get the quirks and quality issues worked out, I’ll be a very happy owner.
Makes sense. I have not been in a Hummer EV yet so I don't have a great sense for the interior quality yet. However, my Model S has a very underwhelming interior for a car with an original sticker price of $90K+ and I'm hoping the Hummer EV will be a big upgrade in that category (certainly won't be an upgrade in efficiency). I'll never understand why these companies get cheap with the part of the car the driver sees and uses the most.

Some of the recent reports about reliability and bugs have been concerning but I similarly expect (or hope) those will be sorted out before I have to make my order. I was of the impression Rivian was having similar issues but admittedly have not followed it closely. I debated reserving an R1S back before the price hike but didn't pull the trigger and sometimes want to kick myself. It is definitely more practical but I find the Hummer EV much more exciting, which ultimately won the day.

·
Registered
67 Posts
For me a vehicle is only worth driving if it makes you feel like you want to feel. I've owned everything from 911's and Lotuses to Audis and BWMs to Land Rovers and Cadillacs to old broncos and new jeeps...And I just said to my wife yesterday, I think this is finally the perfect vehicle for me. I love the width for a family of 5, the utility of the truck bed, the exhilarating speed, the ample comfort amenities, the look, and most importantly the attitude. The H2SUT, which I also owned, used to piss people off. I loved that truck. But this does the opposite. It's a workingman's supertruck. It puts a smile on my face and everyone who sees it at every moment. It's simply a blast. Will it be any more unreliable than all my other cars? Dunno. But all of them had issues. The difference is I won't mind having it fixed if I love what I drive and how it makes me feel while in it. Buttons and door handles and squeaks and leaks are with every car...But if I'm honest, some that I've owned that didn't have any quarks were probably also the least exciting.
I hear you and that’s the appeal. It’s just different enough to be exciting. How’s the isolation of road noise? Nitto Recon grappler came out with new sizes, that look to be quieter A\T.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts