GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Can’t wait to see your Hummers attached to those chargers. Given how long the wait is I’ll have to live vicariously through those that get them first.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I saw that the cable is 25’. Are there any buttons on the charger? I ask because ideally I will mount it high in my garage so I have enough cable to pass over a 16’ garage door and still have enough slack to hook up in the next bay. The good news is, my fuse box is less than 3’ from where I want the outlet, albeit in a different room.

·
Registered
2019, Chevy, Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
246 Posts
I saw that the cable is 25’. Are there any buttons on the charger? I ask because ideally I will mount it high in my garage to have enough cable to pass over a 16’ garage door and still have enough slack to hook up in the next bay. The good news is, my fuse box is less than 3’ from where I want the outlet, albeit in a different room.
There are no buttons on the unit, just LED status lights.
The only button is on the J1772 charger connector that plugs into the car to release the latch.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Okay for conversation ~ certainly not downplaying the Charger GMC is sending out to its reservation holders which is included with your purchase, but a close insider stating this ChargePoint Home Flex, up to 50 amp, 240v, level 2 Wifi Enabled, Nema 6-50 plug or Hardwired 23 foot cable is the way to go. In case you had a extra grand to spend. Thoughts?

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
308 Posts
Okay for conversation ~ certainly not downplaying the Charger GMC is sending out to its reservation holders which is included with your purchase, but a close insider stating this ChargePoint Home Flex, up to 50 amp, 240v, level 2 Wifi Enabled, Nema 6-50 plug or Hardwired 23 foot cable is the way to go. In case you had a extra grand to spend. Thoughts?

Do not pay that price, I bought both of my Home Flexes for $700. One feature I like is that I can track my spending, it automatically uses my utility rates from APS.

·
Registered
177 Posts
This is a topic that I will be very interested in following. Hopefully one day in the not too distant Next Year... I will get the call about my EV3X... and who knows, maybe after our 1st EV we may get another for my wife and/or daughter (she will be driving in about 18 months)... We also hope to possibly build a new home in a similar time frame.

With all that being said, I will definitely like to draw on the knowledge of those of you who already have EVs to make sure that we plan the electrical correctly to sort of future proof as much as we can...

21 - 28 of 28 Posts