GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner

Charger received

8K views 44 replies 16 participants last post by  Gsolct 
Ya, I had one of the giant old Blink chargers with my Volt, huge, and I think it was 5kW? @azbill had one to, and he's an engineer so likely remembers... haha! Now I have the Juiceboxes, which I hate (cord sucks, stiff and awful in winter, even in the garage) and our vacation house has Charge Point Home Flex, which I think is one of the best in class.
The old Blink charger was 5.7kW, i.e. 24A. I now have two ChargePoint Home Flex units, both set to 40A because they are not hardwired and I used existing 50A plug-in circuits, one in each of my garages.

Okay for conversation ~ certainly not downplaying the Charger GMC is sending out to its reservation holders which is included with your purchase, but a close insider stating this ChargePoint Home Flex, up to 50 amp, 240v, level 2 Wifi Enabled, Nema 6-50 plug or Hardwired 23 foot cable is the way to go. In case you had a extra grand to spend. Thoughts?

Do not pay that price, I bought both of my Home Flexes for $700. One feature I like is that I can track my spending, it automatically uses my utility rates from APS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.