GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Well when the the Volt could only draw 3.3 kW from the wall that was good enough LOL
Ya, I had one of the giant old Blink chargers with my Volt, huge, and I think it was 5kW? @azbill had one to, and he's an engineer so likely remembers... haha! Now I have the Juiceboxes, which I hate (cord sucks, stiff and awful in winter, even in the garage) and our vacation house has Charge Point Home Flex, which I think is one of the best in class.

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
471 Posts
Ya, I had one of the giant old Blink chargers with my Volt, huge, and I think it was 5kW? @azbill had one to, and he's an engineer so likely remembers... haha! Now I have the Juiceboxes, which I hate (cord sucks, stiff and awful in winter, even in the garage) and our vacation house has Charge Point Home Flex, which I think is one of the best in class.
The old Blink charger was 5.7kW, i.e. 24A. I now have two ChargePoint Home Flex units, both set to 40A because they are not hardwired and I used existing 50A plug-in circuits, one in each of my garages.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got mine on Friday as well, though I was disappointed that its not the new GM branded one with Bluetooth and Wifi...
Agreed. I was hoping for that as well

·
Registered
28 Posts
I verified my Hummer EV Edition 1 pickup Reservation on 11/24. The confirmatin email stated that the "promotion" is for Edition 1 reservations and I should expect to receive my 11.5 kW home charging station within 1 month. I received my charger on 12/21...right on schedule. THANK YOU GMC. How Exciting! The truck shouldn't be far behind.
Sleeve Wood Font Denim Sportswear

·
Super Moderator
437 Posts
I guess on a side note dealers are verifying financing ahead of time. Bank approvals are good for 30 days and GM is just sending out chargers to people with no real ETA of when their Hummer will arrive. Is there not a chance when the vehicle comes in a deal goes sideways and now all these people have chargers from GM.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts