Registered
2019, Chevy, Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
756 Posts
I'm still interested in how they are going to allocate the orders. Even at 300k, I'd think they would have more than 500 people a year that would want one.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
I'm still interested in how they are going to allocate the orders. Even at 300k, I'd think they would have more than 500 people a year that would want one.
Ya, true, I think this will be a hit... GM needs a very professional reservation system for this car, as these will be the very wealthy ordering, and GM needs to track and communicate well to keep these customers happy. I see the USA being only a partial market for this car, UAE, and China will get a lot of them.

Are you going to the NAIAS this year, CELESTIQ show car will certainly be there... As well as Blazer and Equinox EV's and I wonder if GM will pull the wraps off the Sierra Denali EV there?

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
I will if they have EVs there other than ones I've seen up close.
I think they will unveil the Sierra Denali EV late this summer, and NAIAS would be a fitting place to do it. A couple other unveils I am looking forward to in the next 8 months, are EscaladeIQ, and Buick ElectraX (production model) It sounds like GM is not going to CES next year, so they have some other plans for their big unveils?

·
Registered
2019, Chevy, Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think they will unveil the Sierra Denali EV late this summer, and NAIAS would be a fitting place to do it. A couple other unveils I am looking forward to in the next 8 months, are EscaladeIQ, and Buick ElectraX (production model) It sounds like GM is not going to CES next year, so they have some other plans for their big unveils?
GM for some time now has revealed vehicles at their own private venues around the time of the bigger shows. So they can have the media focus on them.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
GM for some time now has revealed vehicles at their own private venues around the time of the bigger shows. So they can have the media focus on them.
Ya, I think big displays at car shows are wasted money. NAIAS is in GM's hometown though, and I am sure they want to show off the EV's and other ICE vehicles debuts to the public. Not attending auto shows to at least display future products and EV's is a mistake, but maybe don't need the gigantic displays of old.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts