GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
452 Posts
I really wish they would have taken a different approach to the exterior of the car. I think it looks like a chop top Lyriq. The grill and headlight design is almost identical. The shape and angles of both the upper and lower rear taillights again almost identical. The interior looks nice, but for $300k I want something unique. I know they have discussed making this the most customizable/personalized vehicle they have for the price, but that won't be a new grill option and different taillights.
Wheel Tire Car Plant Vehicle

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Wheel Tire Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
I really wish they would have taken a different approach to the exterior of the car. I think it looks like a chop top Lyriq. The grill and headlight design is almost identical. The shape and angles of both the upper and lower rear taillights again almost identical. The interior looks nice, but for $300k I want something unique. I know they have discussed making this the most customizable/personalized vehicle they have for the price, but that won't be a new grill option and different taillights.
View attachment 2580
View attachment 2581
View attachment 2582
View attachment 2583
Its lower, wider and longer than Lyriq, styling is polarizing, which is exactly what Cadillac needed to do, remember car design 101, great design should make you a bit uncomfortable in the beginning. Cadillac needs to find 400 people a year globally that love the styling, which I think they will.

·
Registered
2019, Chevy, Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Celestiq was started before Lyriq then Lyriq was brought forward. Celestiq influenced Cadillac design going forward.

Cadillac also stated the Cadillac Lyirq and other EV Cadillac grills will be changed depending on trim.

·
Registered
2019, Chevy, Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Has Celestiq been delayed? GM had been telling suppliers to plan for a production start in late 2023, but now I see many outlets reporting it will be a 2025 model?
All the outlets are speculating because no one has a concrete schedule given to them. Also 2025 was the original timeframe for Celestiq before it was supposedly moved up.

Our best guess will be when GM finishes renovating their Tech center.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts