GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

· Registered
4,011 Posts
Its universally ugly, had GM brought any of Cadillacs most recent concepts to life with Lucid level EV technology they would be selling every one built, as far as they can see, but instead they went weird proportions and crappy EV tech. GM management is stoned, and that is why their stock is exactly where it was 13 years ago, Reuss has to go, maybe Barra too, we need people putting efforts into leading technology, not this ultium Marketing crap, but real best in class technology that works reliably. Gm has the engineerings to do great things, they just need a new driver at the top. All GM's new EV's with 190 kW charging will be as obsolete as Bolt by the time they hit the market, 190 kW is ok for EV's in 2020, not 2024. GM's Ultium cars are obsolete at the beginning of their production run, later will be laughers.

· Super Moderator
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
I'm sorry it's ugly to you, we will have to disagree there. I liked the Lyriq and I continue to like this direction in design in the Celestiq, I awate to see what the Escalade IQ will bring.

Reactions: theflew

· Registered
4,011 Posts
I'm sorry it's ugly to you, we will have to disagree there. I liked the Lyriq and I continue to like this direction in design in the Celestiq, I awate to see what the Escalade IQ will bring.
True, in my, and many other people opinion Celestiq has ugly proportions, and crappy technology.

Cadillac has had so many beautiful concepts that would have been a home run for Celestiq, but we got the ugliest caddy concept in decades making production. GM management is brain dead on this stuff. But good they don't bring a regular proportioned sedan, others crush the "Ultium Technology" and it would have been a non starter for other reasons.

· Super Moderator
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 · (Edited)
True, in my, and many other people opinion Celestiq has ugly proportions, and crappy technology.

Cadillac has had so many beautiful concepts that would have been a home run for Celestiq, but we got the ugliest caddy concept in decades making production. GM management is brain dead on this stuff. But good they don't bring a regular proportioned sedan, others crush the "Ultium Technology" and it would have been a non starter for other reasons.
I'm seeing a lot of happy people right now sharing the exact opposite opinion on this cars design who have been waiting for Cadillac to finally bring a Flagship product to production.

It's a battle of perspectives a battle of subjective opinions right now.

I think Cadillac has something that will appeal to a large number of people and will bring more in to the showrooms. It may be polarizing and not to everyone's tastes but such is life. However, it makes people talk and gets eyes on Cadillac, they are in the conversation now and that's good for Cadillac.

We will see how well this car does in the on coming years and how they bring in more updates to the platform.

Reactions: theflew

· Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
1,224 Posts
What tech items are they talking about that you think are crappy? A lot of the bullet point items are "next gen" things that they aren't shipping on any vehicles yet. I find it really hard to judge them before being able to experience them. Obviously Ultium should be an 800V system across the board, and I think that's a huge miss, but having 48V low voltage systems isn't something that GM has shipped on vehicles before, with the exception of mild-hybrid powertrain stuff.

· Registered
4,011 Posts
What tech items are they talking about that you think are crappy? A lot of the bullet point items are "next gen" things that they aren't shipping on any vehicles yet. I find it really hard to judge them before being able to experience them. Obviously Ultium should be an 800V system across the board, and I think that's a huge miss, but having 48V low voltage systems isn't something that GM has shipped on vehicles before, with the exception of mild-hybrid powertrain stuff.
Crappy tech IMO is the EV stuff (GM Ultium is a marketing thing, not a technology thing, Tesla had better tech 10 years ago), as I have said many times, GM's drive units are crappy, have gear lash, heavy and inefficient. GM philosophy seems to be big heavy cheap gears instead of small lightweight and strong, they also have gear angles that are noisy, lots of gear noise in the Hummer at certain speeds. Yes, the lack of 800V and state of the art charging curve is disappointing. Then you get to GM's immature systems, SuperCruise, Air suspension leveling control is hit and miss on the Hummer, I have completely lost SuperCruise now on mine, cannot even use adaptive cruise control.

Celestiq is a stupid project that has no benefit for the company or brand, believe it or not, even if Celestiq has cool stuff inside (when it works) that does not lift the Cadillac brand that builds mostly badge engineered crap vehicles. I think the CT4-5 are the only exclusive Cadillac cars, everything else is badge engineered from a Chevy. Cadillac should have built a car that is a flagship, but affordable enough and in enough quantities that people see them. Celestiq looks to me like it was initially designed to be a Holden UTE, then got confused. Scanning twitter its pretty negative, even in the EV community, meanwhile Ford working to electrify the Bronco, and Maverick, and listening to customer feedback.

What is up with GM bragging about sand cast mega castings? Is GM brass so ignorant they think the audience does not have an understanding that that is a bad thing? GM trying to badge engineer Tesla trade names onto their inferior products is a joke. Mark Reuss needs to be fired, it's embarrassing GM is so far behind in technology, both EV systems and how cars are built. GM has the engineering talent to be a leader, only management holds them back from doing great things.

· Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
1,224 Posts
Crappy tech IMO is the EV stuff (GM Ultium is a marketing thing, not a technology thing, Tesla had better tech 10 years ago), as I have said many times, GM's drive units are crappy, have gear lash, heavy and inefficient. GM philosophy seems to be big heavy cheap gears instead of small lightweight and strong, they also have gear angles that are noisy, lots of gear noise in the Hummer at certain speeds. Yes, the lack of 800V and state of the art charging curve is disappointing. Then you get to GM's immature systems, SuperCruise, Air suspension leveling control is hit and miss on the Hummer, I have completely lost SuperCruise now on mine, cannot even use adaptive cruise control.

Celestiq is a stupid project that has no benefit for the company or brand, believe it or not, even if Celestiq has cool stuff inside (when it works) that does not lift the Cadillac brand that builds mostly badge engineered crap vehicles. I think the CT4-5 are the only exclusive Cadillac cars, everything else is badge engineered from a Chevy. Cadillac should have built a car that is a flagship, but affordable enough and in enough quantities that people see them. Celestiq looks to me like it was initially designed to be a Holden UTE, then got confused. Scanning twitter its pretty negative, even in the EV community, meanwhile Ford working to electrify the Bronco, and Maverick, and listening to customer feedback.

What is up with GM bragging about sand cast mega castings? Is GM brass so ignorant they think the audience does not have an understanding that that is a bad thing? GM trying to badge engineer Tesla trade names onto their inferior products is a joke. Mark Reuss needs to be fired, it's embarrassing GM is so far behind in technology, both EV systems and how cars are built. GM has the engineering talent to be a leader, only management holds them back from doing great things.
Maybe that's why GM is forcing RTO.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts