GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
Chevy Bolt EV , Audi RS E-Tron GT
42 Posts
I like the concept for a hand built, exclusive car. Something Rolls-Royce is no longer.

The exterior nor interior look $300k. Doesn't have the presence and the facia is from the Lyriq

· Registered
42 Posts
Cadillac gets more range and both have as much customizability. Maybe the Cadillac doesn't have as much presence in the photos... I also think the interior would look different depending on the customer and what they choose for it.

Looks are subjective, both will find their owners, but specs wise the Cadillac edges it out.
Who would spend $300k for a Cadillac over a Rolls Royce? Dealers are asking $150k over MSRP for a Rolls

· Registered
42 Posts
Dealer's aren't touching the Celestiq, GM is only selling them through the Tech Center.
Yes, but the market in that six figure range is RR and Bentley. The demand is so high for that market, dealers are asking over that much MSRP

On another note, BMW grills are getting bigger, RR grills smaller

· Registered
42 Posts
What is a look from a 300K car? $300K has more to do with features and exclusivity, to me Celestiq is a bit disappointing, but I am not the target market. I am not liking the design, 600hp not near enough, 310 miles range half what it should be. It is special in details, and features, but with all the lipstick, it's still a pig, no game changing EV technology.
I used to be deep in that world years ago and my friends have the ulta luxury cars.

The brand/name is very important for those type of buyers. The ultra luxury cars just can't be any OEM.
A $300k Acura luxury car doesn't have the cache of RR/Bentley even Maybach.

To tell your peers you have a RR is very different than saying you have a Cadillac.
That buyer doesn't care about charging, efficiency, range as they might only drive it 3000 miles a year.
They don't have the patience to sit at a DCFC watching Netflix for 20min, waiting for a charge.

For $300k you pay for status, presence, materials, design, a quiet living room experience, with power on tap when you need it. Spectre does 4.5sec 0-60 for that reason.

Exclusivity of a brand matters more than the exclusivity of model.
There's nothing exclusive about a Lamborghini Urus.
It's a Audi Q8 with some different aesthetic pieces, but the Lamborghini name and low production numbers of the brand as a whole is what people see.

· Registered
42 Posts
HAHA, I am just going to guess you don't know many people buying $300K + cars. Cadillac does not have brand awareness in wealthy circles, and GM came out with a car that is ugly from most angles, and not purposeful, not to mention the front end looks just like a $59K Lyriq, and does not break any new ground in technology. I mean GM talking about mega castings, don't make me laugh, anybody with 1 ounce of technical understanding laughs at GM's mega casting, done with sand castings? haha! Is it an engine block or cylinder head? Tesla's "mega" castings are impressive because they are the entire end of the car, and done in extreme pressure die casting, and the same dies can produce a casting every 2 minutes, Sand casting is very very old school, and has a lot of disadvantages over die casing, the biggest is making sand molds is slow, and the aluminum is poured under no/ low pressure so all your passages have to be thicker to flow the aluminum.
I've had a Phantom a year after it came out, Drophead after that. RR executives had meetings with me about EVs and a potential a SUV in 2006. Phantom 102EX came out after that in 2011, Cullinan 2017

I know a lot of RR owners and help them buy cars. I had a friend buying a Ghost EWB. Do you think he knew it was a BMW 7 series? Did he even know the difference in leather between a Ghost or Phantom?
Once I explained to him the difference, spent hours educating him, he got a Drophead instead.
He doesn't even know what casting means. I don't think anyone cares about that other than ultra enthusiast like us or an anomaly like yourself that is very knowledgeable in Auto manufacturing.

I'm agreeing people won't buy a $300k Cadillac for Many reasons. Biggest one being the brand of Cadillac

1 - 5 of 5 Posts