GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Super Moderator
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT: Seems like this was a surprise reveal. All the big Auto blogs are showing it now!

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

· Super Moderator
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

· Super Moderator
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

· Super Moderator
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
300 mile range and 600hp is way less than I expected. Looks like it's just gen1 ultium. Guess I'll save my money 🤣
Still estimates right now... But yea, still Gen 1 Ultium. Think GM is waiting to get all it's eggs sorted for Gen 2 in 2025.
It has a 111 kWh battery and 200 kW charging larger than the Lyriq's and faster. It will help move it's weight with all the heavy lux equipment inside.

Reactions: theflew

· Super Moderator
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now this is a suspension:

Cadillac promises the ultimate in ride refinement without sacrificing ride and handling, thanks to the brand's most technologically advanced suspension ever and other performance systems. Actually, chief engineer Tony Roma says the Celestiq "offers responsiveness and athleticism typically associated with smaller performance vehicles."

Making that possible is a package that includes 5-link front and rear suspension, Adaptive Air Suspension, Electric Power Steering, Active Rear Steering, Magnetic Ride Control 4.0, Advanced AWD with torque optimizer modules, and Active Roll Control (front and rear stabilizer bars). In addition, the 2024 Celestiq features an active rear spoiler and ride-focused tires.

· Super Moderator
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like the concept for a hand built, exclusive car. Something Rolls-Royce is no longer.

The exterior nor interior look $300k. Doesn't have the presence and the facia is from the Lyriq
Lyriq got the facia from the Celestiq. Celestiq started first and Lyriq was brought forward.

Plan on seeing this face or variants of it on all Cadillac EVs, it's the new brand image style.

As for presence, yeah this car has it. It's large and unmistakable.

· Super Moderator
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
This video brings up some interesting information, it's 2 inches shorter than an Escalade ESV.

· Super Moderator
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Another video from Cadillac's youtube page:

· Super Moderator
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This video also has some interesting things. The Celestiq uses a form of mega casting. Has 6 large casted aluminum body components.

· Super Moderator
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm underwhelmed, but I'm sure it's one of those things where it's hard to really understand the presence the vehicle has through flat video. I think it has just reaffirmed that I don't understand the ultra-lux GT segment though.

Wonder if it'll be rated to tow anything.
I mean if the C8 can tow, so can this... but I don't think you will see many if any do it.

· Super Moderator
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Cadillac gets more range and both have as much customizability. Maybe the Cadillac doesn't have as much presence in the photos... I also think the interior would look different depending on the customer and what they choose for it.

Looks are subjective, both will find their owners, but specs wise the Cadillac edges it out.

· Super Moderator
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Cadillac uploaded the video of the private press reveal(25 minutes):

The Cadillac they revealed was one designed for their first client.

· Super Moderator
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Who would spend $300k for a Cadillac over a Rolls Royce? Dealers are asking $150k over MSRP for a Rolls
Dealer's aren't touching the Celestiq, GM is only selling them through the Tech Center.

· Super Moderator
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
Yes, but the market in that six figure range is RR and Bentley. The demand is so high for that market, dealers are asking over that much MSRP
Have to watch the Autoline video about that market. The people who are after these kinds of cars are looking for exclusivity, something someone else doesn't have, a chance to be unique. Cadillac will find their buyers.

· Super Moderator
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·

· Super Moderator
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
I'm sorry it's ugly to you, we will have to disagree there. I liked the Lyriq and I continue to like this direction in design in the Celestiq, I awate to see what the Escalade IQ will bring.

· Super Moderator
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 · (Edited)
True, in my, and many other people opinion Celestiq has ugly proportions, and crappy technology.

Cadillac has had so many beautiful concepts that would have been a home run for Celestiq, but we got the ugliest caddy concept in decades making production. GM management is brain dead on this stuff. But good they don't bring a regular proportioned sedan, others crush the "Ultium Technology" and it would have been a non starter for other reasons.
I'm seeing a lot of happy people right now sharing the exact opposite opinion on this cars design who have been waiting for Cadillac to finally bring a Flagship product to production.

It's a battle of perspectives a battle of subjective opinions right now.

I think Cadillac has something that will appeal to a large number of people and will bring more in to the showrooms. It may be polarizing and not to everyone's tastes but such is life. However, it makes people talk and gets eyes on Cadillac, they are in the conversation now and that's good for Cadillac.

We will see how well this car does in the on coming years and how they bring in more updates to the platform.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts