GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
300 mile range and 600hp is way less than I expected. Looks like it's just gen1 ultium. Guess I'll save my money 🤣
Still estimates right now... But yea, still Gen 1 Ultium. Think GM is waiting to get all it's eggs sorted for Gen 2 in 2025.
It has a 111 kWh battery and 200 kW charging larger than the Lyriq's and faster. It will help move it's weight with all the heavy lux equipment inside.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now this is a suspension:

Cadillac promises the ultimate in ride refinement without sacrificing ride and handling, thanks to the brand's most technologically advanced suspension ever and other performance systems. Actually, chief engineer Tony Roma says the Celestiq "offers responsiveness and athleticism typically associated with smaller performance vehicles."

Making that possible is a package that includes 5-link front and rear suspension, Adaptive Air Suspension, Electric Power Steering, Active Rear Steering, Magnetic Ride Control 4.0, Advanced AWD with torque optimizer modules, and Active Roll Control (front and rear stabilizer bars). In addition, the 2024 Celestiq features an active rear spoiler and ride-focused tires.

·
Registered
Chevy Bolt EV , Audi RS E-Tron GT
39 Posts
I like the concept for a hand built, exclusive car. Something Rolls-Royce is no longer.

The exterior nor interior look $300k. Doesn't have the presence and the facia is from the Lyriq

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like the concept for a hand built, exclusive car. Something Rolls-Royce is no longer.

The exterior nor interior look $300k. Doesn't have the presence and the facia is from the Lyriq
Lyriq got the facia from the Celestiq. Celestiq started first and Lyriq was brought forward.

Plan on seeing this face or variants of it on all Cadillac EVs, it's the new brand image style.

As for presence, yeah this car has it. It's large and unmistakable.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This video also has some interesting things. The Celestiq uses a form of mega casting. Has 6 large casted aluminum body components.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm underwhelmed, but I'm sure it's one of those things where it's hard to really understand the presence the vehicle has through flat video. I think it has just reaffirmed that I don't understand the ultra-lux GT segment though.

Wonder if it'll be rated to tow anything.
I mean if the C8 can tow, so can this... but I don't think you will see many if any do it.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Cadillac gets more range and both have as much customizability. Maybe the Cadillac doesn't have as much presence in the photos... I also think the interior would look different depending on the customer and what they choose for it.

Looks are subjective, both will find their owners, but specs wise the Cadillac edges it out.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts