GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
833 Posts
My Mach E was dropping to 12kw at 80%, then I got a software update that increased it to 44kw. There is also some speculation that GM added a battery check at 80% as a result of the Bolt fires. Lowering the charge rate and checking cell balance. I can see my Bolt cycling the power even on my ChargePoint L2 during long charges at home. That is happening with my new battery.

Hyundai was doing something similar on the Kona, after their fires. It could be interesting to go past 80% and see if it ramps up again. someone saw this when they did a fast charge on one of the new Hyundai EVs.

· Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
My Mach E was dropping to 12kw at 80%, then I got a software update that increased it to 44kw. There is also some speculation that GM added a battery check at 80% as a result of the Bolt fires. Lowering the charge rate and checking cell balance. I can see my Bolt cycling the power even on my ChargePoint L2 during long charges at home. That is happening with my new battery.

Hyundai was doing something similar on the Kona, after their fires. It could be interesting to go past 80% and see if it ramps up again. someone saw this when they did a fast charge on one of the new Hyundai EVs.
It might, but at 81% dropping down to 20kW, I had enough waiting.

· Registered
833 Posts

· Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Highest I've ever actually witnessed so far. Taper started right after this point. We plugged in at ~34% and the automatic preconditioning kicked on way before we arrived.

I am wondering if they do some kind of a controlled increase in charge rate the more you DC charge the truck, I saw some reset function mentioned in the dealer tools that sounded like it could be for that.

Motor vehicle Plant Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design

· Registered
833 Posts
Highest I've ever actually witnessed so far. Taper started right after this point. We plugged in at ~34% and the automatic preconditioning kicked on way before we arrived.

I am wondering if they do some kind of a controlled increase in charge rate the more you DC charge the truck, I saw some reset function mentioned in the dealer tools that sounded like it could be for that.

View attachment 1948
What brand of charger, ABB or Signet? The reason I ask is that the ABB 350kw chargers have a 400A current limit. So at 720V nominal, you will only be able to get 290kw. A Signet charger with 500A will allow 350kw at that voltage.

· Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
What brand of charger, ABB or Signet? The reason I ask is that the ABB 350kw chargers have a 400A current limit. So at 720V nominal, you will only be able to get 290kw. A Signet charger with 500A will allow 350kw at that voltage.
It was raining out, didn't feel like looking at them.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.