GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does the truck dummy down the perfomance at that low of SOC? I think I've read most of what you posted but I don't recall seeing the charge rate at 350 kw. Have you seen it pull over 300 kw?
Never got a message about reduced power. It's obvious that it is down on power but it's probably still faster than the majority of cars at 8%. Didn't push it hard at all under that level, I was worried about running empty. The EA station we stopped at at 7% had two people charging and two of the four stations were broken. Already a line, decided to drive 15 miles to the EVGO station after it, got there at 3-4%
Cloud Sky Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

This is the only message or anything I saw. At 10% the energy meter turns orange and you get a "Charge Vehicle Soon message.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Never got a message about reduced power. It's obvious that it is down on power but it's probably still faster than the majority of cars at 8%. Didn't push it hard at all under that level, I was worried about running empty. The EA station we stopped at at 7% had two people charging and two of the four stations were broken. Already a line, decided to drive 15 miles to the EVGO station after it, got there at 3-4%
View attachment 1868
This is the only message or anything I saw. At 10% the energy meter turns orange and you get a "Charge Vehicle Soon message.
I think I'd be damn near wetting myself at 3% SOC.

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have done that twice in my Bolt, got the reduced power mode, but was able to keep it at highway speeds. The worst part was that it took away the remaining miles estimate.
Still had an estimate. I ran my Bolt down to 3% twice as well. If we weren't in the middle of a trip and not sure about the charger, I might have considered trying to run it lower, but my wife would not have been happy about running empty.

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
471 Posts
Hey Bill, how is the new Battery in your Bolt? Have you gotten used to it? As advertised range increase?
Working fine, definitely able to get more than 260 miles right now with mild temperatures. They changed the charging curve also, got rid of the step downs and made it linear after 50%. I am just charging it to hilltop reserve and keeping it under 90%. I only charge my Mach E to 80%, unless going on a trip.

I am really impressed with the Mach E efficiency on the highway, I can get 3.5 mile/kWh at 70-75mph, basically 300 miles. The InsideEV guys test showed 287 miles, but my experience is slightly better than that. At those speeds it is better than the Bolt, which is about 3.4 mile/kWh.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Working fine, definitely able to get more than 260 miles right now with mild temperatures. They changed the charging curve also, got rid of the step downs and made it linear after 50%. I am just charging it to hilltop reserve and keeping it under 90%. I only charge my Mach E to 80%, unless going on a trip.

I am really impressed with the Mach E efficiency on the highway, I can get 3.5 mile/kWh at 70-75mph, basically 300 miles. The InsideEV guys test showed 287 miles, but my experience is slightly better than that. At those speeds it is better than the Bolt, which is about 3.4 mile/kWh.
Good to hear all is going well. Ya, there is a lot to like about the Mach E.

·
Registered
127 Posts

The hummer is rated at .7 mile/kWh
I heard, is that correct?

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Well that's better but still low, yes?
it's like my H2 it is the 8 mile per gallon of the EV world!!!
Yes, but your H2 is lacking in every power metric behind the Hummer EV, and is far more expensive to operate. Hummer EV is like a sports car in comparison, actually the Hummer EV beats most sports car in acceleration, your H2, on the other hand, has trouble getting out of its own way, and gets passed by diesel pickups towing a trailer. .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts