GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if anyone has read or seen that you can program the ED1 to raise or lower the suspension based on location? For example, my brother's new Vette is programmed to raise the front bumper when he approaches his driveway so he won't scrape when coming home.

My concern is more around if I need to lower the vehicle to get into my garage or a parking garage... only takes one time to forget before you always remember :)

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
898 Posts
Curious if anyone has read or seen that you can program the ED1 to raise or lower the suspension based on location? For example, my brother's new Vette is programmed to raise the front bumper when he approaches his driveway so he won't scrape when coming home.

My concern is more around if I need to lower the vehicle to get into my garage or a parking garage... only takes one time to forget before you always remember :)
If you are driving your hummer into your garage in extract mode, you get what you deserve, IMO. It's the only setting that could be over 7 feet.

I would not be surprised to find out the reason it's delayed is because they are still working on how to geofence it to avoid the situations you are asking about.

·
Registered
Waiting on my Spring 2022 Delivery ED1
229 Posts
If so it’s not mentioned in the manual.

If I recall correctly, the manual provides for a low access height, mid normal height and high off-road height to be selectable, plus a lower than normal height aerodynamic height automatically activated at highway speeds. Access height seems to be limited to under 5 mph.

I’d personally like access to aero height for my work garage (with Tesla-style lower at location) since it’s labeled at 78” and the truck is now 79.1”.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

If I recall correctly, the manual provides for a low access height, mid normal height and high off-road height to be selectable, plus a lower than normal height aerodynamic height automatically activated at highway speeds. Access height seems to be limited to under 5 mph.

I’d personally like access to aero height for my work garage (with Tesla-style lower at location) since it’s labeled at 78” and the truck is now 79.1”.
Thanks, I didn't realize the manual is out there. I'll have to find it for some light reading ahead of my "Fall 22" delivery. I guess if I think i'm going to have clearance issues, I can put it in WTF mode so it lowers down.... just hope the brakes are strong :)

·
Registered
229 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts

Manual says easy entry height is actually good for up to 9 mph.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.