GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Going to start the camping season in the next couple weeks so I'll get some idea final of range with the trailer hooked up. Plan on a few local camps first to determine range then work from there. I'm also waiting on a few accessories (rack, bedslide, rooftop tent) for some even more remote locations. View attachment 3105
How was your range hit while towing?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How was your range hit while towing?
I didn't tow it there with this truck. I just moved it a little. I plan on actually towing it out in the next couple weeks. I'll reset my trip 2 counter to get an accurate reading. I'll also take the same trip/route without the trailer to get a comparison. I'm hoping it's not a big hit so I'm not limited to a 3 hr range before charging.. I've heard numbers of up to 50% decrease in distance. Hoping for 33%.

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
946 Posts
I didn't tow it there with this truck. I just moved it a little. I plan on actually towing it out in the next couple weeks. I'll reset my trip 2 counter to get an accurate reading. I'll also take the same trip/route without the trailer to get a comparison. I'm hoping it's not a big hit so I'm not limited to a 3 hr range before charging.. I've heard numbers of up to 50% decrease in distance. Hoping for 33%.
Just drive slower. I could get 180 miles pulling a trailer with my Bolt if I kept it at 55 or under and accelerated slowly everywhere. I'd most likely take the scenic route if I were going to pull something with my R1T.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just drive slower. I could get 180 miles pulling a trailer with my Bolt if I kept it at 55 or under and accelerated slowly everywhere. I'd most likely take the scenic route if I were going to pull something with my R1T.
That's the intent. First location will be local and state roads.. no highway. I may drag it around on highway just to get an estimated range at highway speed around 65mph. That way I'll know better in advance to plan some trips.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts