GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Lyriq is going to have a massive LED display that's nearly 3 feet!

Bill Thompson, the senior design manager for UI at General Motors spoke with Electrek and told them:

"The size of the Cadillac Lyriq display is a huge differentiator for us. The form factor is going to be very industry-leading. The huge 33-inch display is a very big differentiator for us, even among the other brands in our portfolio.

All this information and all this intelligence will get passed down to the rest of the company. It’s the platform itself that is all new."

Thompson explained that while the screen is one long piece of curved glass, it will be divided into three distinct zones. The display is five inches tall.

The zone to the left of the steering wheel will control interior features such as lighting and the heads-up display. It will flow into the region behind the steering wheel. That’s where you’ll find a traditional (digital) instrument cluster. And the screen will seamlessly continue to the center stack for navigation, cabin, and infotainment features.

Nonetheless, the Lyriq’s screen has the capability to do a full-screen takeover. In other words, when the vehicle is stopped, charging, or for other discrete functions, the entire piece of glass could be integrated into a single presentation. The Lyriq is the first GM vehicle to use a single piece of glass that’s nearly 3 feet wide.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I don't know why, but I have a great feeling about this Lyriq.

Anyone who loves Cadillac like I do knows how much they've been struggling lately. All FWD crossovers instead of RWD. Killed off the amazing CT6. Killed off the equally amazing Blackwing V8. CTS is gone. CUE was a joke (up until this newest gen). Interiors always a step behind. And on and on. That's because they've been absolutely shackled by the corporate bean counters, and after the fire from the Art and Science era started to fizzle out in recent years, it looked like the great experiment of turning from an old man's brand into an American BMW had ultimately failed.

BUT, this major push by Cadillac to be the leading player in luxury EV's has a TON of promise. They can realistically establish themselves as the top dawg in this segment, before Porsche, before Mercedes, before anyone. This could be the time they nail the restart and have a new renaissance for the brand...and this is their last shot.

I think the Lyriq will be remembered as the one to start it all off, much like how the CTS was the beginning of the (albeit short-lived) resurgence of the 00's. The tech, the shape, the RWD layout, it all seems like the perfect recipe for that icon that comes out of nowhere.

Time will tell!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know why, but I have a great feeling about this Lyriq.

Anyone who loves Cadillac like I do knows how much they've been struggling lately. All FWD crossovers instead of RWD. Killed off the amazing CT6. Killed off the equally amazing Blackwing V8. CTS is gone. CUE was a joke (up until this newest gen). Interiors always a step behind. And on and on. That's because they've been absolutely shackled by the corporate bean counters, and after the fire from the Art and Science era started to fizzle out in recent years, it looked like the great experiment of turning from an old man's brand into an American BMW had ultimately failed.

BUT, this major push by Cadillac to be the leading player in luxury EV's has a TON of promise. They can realistically establish themselves as the top dawg in this segment, before Porsche, before Mercedes, before anyone. This could be the time they nail the restart and have a new renaissance for the brand...and this is their last shot.

I think the Lyriq will be remembered as the one to start it all off, much like how the CTS was the beginning of the (albeit short-lived) resurgence of the 00's. The tech, the shape, the RWD layout, it all seems like the perfect recipe for that icon that comes out of nowhere.

Time will tell!
It really does seem like Cadillac is sparing no expense to get themselves back as a high luxury option for vehicles outside of the Escalade. This screen is a strong indicator, it looks sooo nice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts