GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I wish we had real concrete reasons for no Frunk rather than just moving things to the front.... everywhere I turn I get blasted about no frunk Lryiq is a failure. GM's packaging sucks... It's the stupidest argument.

I just hope Gen 2 of Ultium brings the weight down as well... hat's another talking point that really stings.

The Lyriq is a beautiful car, I want it to do well!!
The Lyriq is a very nice looking car, inside and out... For Ev's though, efficiency is everything, if the car is heavier, and less aerodynamic, the efficiency will suffer, requiring a bigger battery to get the range which drives up the weight. EV's really require better engineering than ICE cars, and here is why...

Look at Lucid, they are the efficiency and packaging kings, they packaged a full size interior into a midsized segment car, and still have room for a Frunk, 500 miles of range. Note the the packaging efficiency, and size of the drive units...

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

Automotive tire Font Asphalt Event Screenshot

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

Watch Font Flash photography Jewellery Gadget

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I've been racking my brain on what could be up there. We were really hoping to see in the front and back at the event but did not happen unfortunately. Despite all of that I still believe it will do very well and be a great EV option. Seeing it in person it just slaps you in the face that it's a Cadillac. All it will take is to have a few on the showroom floor across the country for people to fall in love. The details and design cues make it seem more like a wild concept vehicle you would see at an auto show, but this is actually what they are building. To me it really is a concept to reality vehicle.
I hope you are right... I have high hopes to, but man, there is some tough competition coming around the same timeframe.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts