GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This really shows GM is going for Volume sales of the Lyriq AWD, making it only $2K more than the RWD model. I am stunned at the value this offers

Lyriq is price lower then the Mach E GT

Lyriq is priced competitive with the Tesla Model Y AWD

Lower then E-Tron, BMW IX, and many other AWD Luxury Crossovers

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
$625 for blue and $1225 for white. Also this blue is the same paint code as the admiral blue on the Corvette, not quite new, but hasn't been used in a few years.
View attachment 2276
This prices for color are OK, Tri coat always costs more, and takes more time in the paint shop, Just hate to see $2500+ charges for paint like you see at Rivian, and Tesla, as that is just price gouging.

·
Administrator
707 Posts
I don't care what anyone on Electrek or Jalopnik says, GM nailed this car. Mechanically, financially, aesthetically. An awesome sign for future volume models from Buick, Chevy and GMC.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't care what anyone on Electrek or Jalopnik says, GM nailed this car. Mechanically, financially, aesthetically. An awesome sign for future volume models from Buick, Chevy and GMC.
Ya, I think its good, but could have been better with a frunk, and more efficient. I am not the type to rubber-stamp a design as great just because of this or that. I think GM will be making revisions to Lyriq and all Ultium vehicles annually to make them better and more competitive.

·
Super Moderator
437 Posts
Ya, I think its good, but could have been better with a frunk, and more efficient. I am not the type to rubber-stamp a design as great just because of this or that. I think GM will be making revisions to Lyriq and all Ultium vehicles annually to make them better and more competitive.
It's funny I've been thinking about the frunk and how many people have discussed the lack of it. It hit me it's almost identical to the Bolt. I haven't had a frunk in that ever, but never bothered me. It's odd compared to other electric offerings, but isn't out of the ordinary for GM.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's funny I've been thinking about the frunk and how many people have discussed the lack of it. It hit me it's almost identical to the Bolt. I haven't had a frunk in that ever, but never bothered me. It's odd compared to other electric offerings, but isn't out of the ordinary for GM.
Totally, a frunk is not needed, and rarely used, but the lack of it grabs headlines and online banter. I use the frunk in both of my EV's to carry the charging cables, that I rarely use. A big and power operated frunk is more useful, and a must on larger EV's.

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
579 Posts
We fit two full size luggage bags in the frunk on the Hummer. Put me in the "must have some sort of usable frunk" camp. I wish the Rivian's was a little bigger, but it works out well to store all of the extra stuff like tie-downs, charge cables, adapters, locks, chains, etc.

Automotive parking light Vehicle White Hood Light

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
We fit two full size luggage bags in the frunk on the Hummer. Put me in the "must have some sort of usable frunk" camp. I wish the Rivian's was a little bigger, but it works out well to store all of the extra stuff like tie-downs, charge cables, adapters, locks, chains, etc.

View attachment 2277
A power frunk is very useful... the problem with Tesla frunks on 3-Y is the hood is so flimsy, if you are not very careful with it you can damage it.

·
Registered
177 Posts

View attachment 2277
Awesome. Agree, frunk is absolutely necessary on an EV truck! not as big of a deal on an SUV.

Glad to see the Hummer is large. You think larger than the Rivian tub? I was think it looked bigger but your pic had me wondering now.

My 2022 Model S frunk is tiny. Holds maybe a couple small backpacks at best and then it is flimsy and manual, requiring a special 2-hand close gently to avoid denting it we all know. Rarely use it.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Awesome. Agree, frunk is absolutely necessary on an EV truck! not as big of a deal on an SUV.

Glad to see the Hummer is large. You think larger than the Rivian tub? I was think it looked bigger but your pic had me wondering now.

My 2022 Model S frunk is tiny. Holds maybe a couple small backpacks at best and then it is flimsy and manual, requiring a special 2-hand close gently to avoid denting it we all know. Rarely use it.
Tesla builds a flimsy frunk cover, that is for sure.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts