GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This tells me GM is serious about hitting their EV selling goals, they are going to compete on price, and at + or - $25K Bolt makes a really compelling case, especially for fleets.

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
934 Posts
Bolt doesn't make sense at the old prices with the Equinox being the same price point and technologically superior. I expected the price drop, but this is probably 1500-2000 more than I thought they would take off it. Surprised they can sell them for a profit at that price, but something I am keeping in mind is that every Bolt they sell is an EV the competition doesn't.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bolt doesn't make sense at the old prices with the Equinox being the same price point and technologically superior. I expected the price drop, but this is probably 1500-2000 more than I thought they would take off it. Surprised they can sell them for a profit at that price, but something I am keeping in mind is that every Bolt they sell is an EV the competition doesn't.
remember, add the regulatory credits to every sale... I think GM makes money on the Bolt in cash flow terms , but it will never be a profitable program for GM or LG Chem.

Bolt at $25-35K is about right, at $43K it was overpriced.

·
Registered
51 Posts
remember, add the regulatory credits to every sale... I think GM makes money on the Bolt in cash flow terms , but it will never be a profitable program for GM or LG Chem.

Bolt at $25-35K is about right, at $43K it was overpriced.
I think the Bolt is profitable for them prior to regulatory credits. The Bolt is a 6 year old car based on the Sonic. Outside of the pack there is little cost a $17k Sonic didn’t have.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love this, and if Ford can do it it will leave the blueprint for GM to do it... Dealerships deserve what they have coming, and it's going to be ugly for lots of them, and successful salesman that are used to big earnings, and going have to move on to used cars to get commissions.

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
709 Posts
I love this, and if Ford can do it it will leave the blueprint for GM to do it... Dealerships deserve what they have coming, and it's going to be ugly for lots of them, and successful salesman that are used to big earnings, and going have to move on to used cars to get commissions.
Actually GM was the first to do this with Saturn. That was even pre-Tesla.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts