GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GM has released a bulletin update for the Advanced Diagnostic Software on the Bolt informing owners that there is an available update to resolve issues encountered in the previous software and enhance its data retention. 2020 and 2021 model year Bolts will receive the update when it becomes available.

Program # N222369400 and N222369401

Program Title:

Advanced Diagnostic Software (ADS) Improvements

Program Description:

Certain 2017-2019 model year Chevrolet Bolt EV vehicles are to receive a software update to improve the original Advanced Diagnostic Software. This software update addresses customer reports of difficulty connecting to a charger (2019 MY only), reduces false diagnostic activation in certain vehicles under certain driving conditions, and prevents diagnostic data loss.

Repair Description:

Dealers are to reprogram the Hybrid Powertrain Control Module 2 (HPCM2).

·
Registered
10 Posts
I hope this solves the issue I’ve had where the DCFC latch slowly creeps down and prevents charger insertion on my ‘19 model. My ‘18 is in for a battery replacement right now, hopefully this gets applied at the same time.

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
718 Posts
I got the notice about this for my 2017, but I have not experienced any issues.

One thing about the DCFC latch is that the Bolt does not engage the latch until it has successfully connected to the charger. On my Mach E, it engages the latch as soon as I plug into the CCS connector. I think if GM had done this for the Bolt, there would not have been the heavy cable/having to lift it up issue with the EA chargers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts