GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
I hear the same thing from my local GMC dealership, they have demand off the charts for HD pickups, Denali Ultimate, Yukon Denali. A few customers are leaving the market due to price and interest rates, but new customers coming to the market every day. They did tell me however the market has softened on heavily marked up vehicles, and people are more often choosing to wait for their ordered model at MSRP, rather than pay a markup on an inventory model. One example they had a HD Sierra, Black Edition, I had never heard of, but they had a $40K markup on that (priced at $130K), said a year ago it would have been gone in a week, but now it's been sitting for a month or more. They told me they are currently taking peoples reservations for Q2 allocations next year, so its a little over 6 months wait to order and get a new HD pickup without markup. Another tidbit, there is a lot of excitement about the upcoming Canyon, the dealership thinks they will gain some marketshare with that one.

·
Registered
248 Posts
A lot people going to have a LOT of negative equity when they go to trade vehicles they bought over the past year and a half, more than usual. I've got good relationship with a Mercedes salesman that basically told me last week "I can get the ADM knocked off anything on the lot right now (besides the G63, they still want a little over for it), nothing's moving, but we don't want to drop them off the window until we're sure the well is dry". Same with my Land Rover guy, said they've REALLY tightened up on trade-in values and can't get over MSRP on anything but the new Range. They've got some Defenders they took in trade they'll be lucky to break even on. The only thing I've seen consistently making decent ADM is the Escalade V, but even that won't last.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
A lot people going to have a LOT of negative equity when they go to trade vehicles they bought over the past year and a half, more than usual. I've got good relationship with a Mercedes salesman that basically told me last week "I can get the ADM knocked off anything on the lot right now (besides the G63, they still want a little over for it), nothing's moving, but we don't want to drop them off the window until we're sure the well is dry". Same with my Land Rover guy, said they've REALLY tightened up on trade-in values and can't get over MSRP on anything but the new Range. They've got some Defenders they took in trade they'll be lucky to break even on. The only thing I've seen consistently making decent ADM is the Escalade V, but even that won't last.
Mercedes USA sales are in the tank, not a good market for ADM on them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts