GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, Bravo GM, better then I expected... Full Unveil July 18th, available Spring 2023.

·
Registered
2019, Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,260 Posts
large indentation
I don't think it's as large as it looks in that pic... that shadow makes it appear larger than it is.
Rewatch the video showing the charge port opening. It's a lot smoother.

It's basically a fake air vent for the front wheels, invoking those found on the Corvettes

·
Super Moderator
454 Posts
I don't think it's as large as it looks in that pic... that shadow makes it appear larger than it is.

It's basically a fake air vent for the front wheels, invoking those found on the Corvettes

the video makes it look a lot better. That picture really exaggerates it.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I think it is smaller than LYRIQ in length and width, Blazer is about ID4, Model Y Size, Equinox will be smaller.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think it looks great. That’s just the size we’re looking for, the Equinox seems a bit too small and I’m worried it may not have AWD. I wish the Blazer was coming this year, I’ve already got a Silverado EV reserved and not sure we can swing a second vehicle in the same year.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think it looks great. That’s just the size we’re looking for, the Equinox seems a bit too small and I’m worried it may not have AWD. I wish the Blazer was coming this year, I’ve already got a Silverado EV reserved and not sure we can swing a second vehicle in the same year.
Equinox EV will be offered with FWD, and AWD, just like Blazer. I agree with @Nebula1701 the Equinox being smaller might fit the styling better, but I want to wait and see the Blazer styling in the non SS model, it might be toned down.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I think it is smaller than LYRIQ in length and width, Blazer is about ID4, Model Y Size, Equinox will be smaller.
I am figuring it to be 186” +\~ in length based upon a CAD overlay of the Lyriq with its known length and a spy shot of the side view of the Blazer. Obviously it’s not going to be exact that way, but the windshield slope and the roof look exactly the same. The front is just a lot stubbier for the Blazer and the rear doesn’t slope down as gradually as the Lyriq - it’s pretty vertical compared to the Caddy. The wheelbase looks identical. So I expect the SS version to have the full 100kwh battery and the cheaper ones to maybe have the 10 module pack with around 83kwh.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am figuring it to be 186” +\~ in length based upon a CAD overlay of the Lyriq with its known length and a spy shot of the side view of the Blazer. Obviously it’s not going to be exact that way, but the windshield slope and the roof look exactly the same. The front is just a lot stubbier for the Blazer and the rear doesn’t slope down as gradually as the Lyriq - it’s pretty vertical compared to the Caddy. The wheelbase looks identical. So I expect the SS version to have the full 100kwh battery and the cheaper ones to maybe have the 10 module pack with around 83kwh.
Possible, but I think better to wait for the specs from GM before jumping to conclusions. LYRIQ, has 5 link suspension front and back, and is designed as a RWD/AWD chassis, Blazer will have strut suspension and is designed as a FWD/AWD. Blazer, Equinox and Honda Prologue will share basic architecture, with mostly length differences. Track width will stay "close" to the same. I see no reason they could not build this RWD/AWD, but that was not the plan as I heard it. I am guessing Blazer has 10 module pack, and Equinox will have 8 module which works out to + or -88 kWh for Blazer and + or - 70 kWh for the Equinox I am quoting net usable kWh, not gross, I have no idea what the gross is. Lyriq has 105 kWh net. It's important to know Lyriq + upcoming Acura (Spring Hill built) does not share much with Blazer, Equinox, and Prologue (Ramos Azipe built). To be honest, I like the interior design for the upcoming Chevrolets, Equinox, Blazer, and SilveradoE, more than the LYRIQ interior layout. I think the Chev's look more clean and modern, and LYRIQ looks stuck between 2 generations.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts